Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Does anyone know if there are still talk about Tenshin vs Prajanchai?

The RISE CEO mentioned a thai he wants to put Tenshin against, most lilkely him. With Tenshin leaving the sport, the potential Takeru fight and the covid situation who knows what will happen. RISE has a "world series" card in mid July, maybe more news about that when we'll get closer to that event.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are still talk about Tenshin vs Prajanchai?

In boxing or kickboxing?

The RISE CEO mentioned a thai he wants to put Tenshin against, most lilkely him. With Tenshin leaving the sport, the potential Takeru fight and the covid situation who knows what will happen. RISE has a "world series" card in mid July, maybe more news about that when we'll get closer to that event.

Did he say the name?

I wonder if we might see Kento vs Petch on the card too, or Kento vs Chujaroen since he beat Petch recently.

Probably kickboxing.

I don't think Chujaroen has a pleasing style for kickboxing, and personally I don't think him beating Petchpanomrung makes it more interesting. Many fighters could probably beat him.

Just wanted to check.

And yeah i'd rather see Kento vs Petch. Don't wanna get my hopes too high after what happened last time.

And yeah i'd rather see Kento vs Petch. Don't wanna get my hopes too high after what happened last time.
I don't know much about Kento but I would also consider Kongklai or Ferrari

Last edited:
In boxing or kickboxing?.

Kickboxing

Did he say the name?.

He was scheduled to be part of a RISE tournament before covid where the winner would have got the Tenshin fight. Hasn't been mentioned by name since but it's clearly the option.

WS2020_55kg.jpg

Last edited:
Kickboxing

He was scheduled to be part of a RISE tournament before covid where the winner would have got the Tenshin fight. Hasn't been mentioned by name since but it's clearly the option.

WS2020_55kg.jpg

I see, i wondered if they'd get someone else.

Rise does love to rebook big fights that got cancelled. Taiju vs Nuenglanlek was on that card and they tried to rebook it multiple times.

Tenshin vs Prajanchai sounds like must-see tv. Throw in Kento vs Petch or someone like Nuenglanlek, Ferrari or Kongklai and this card could be better than the card in feb.

top contender in K-1 at 70g the Himalayan Cheetah Abiral (21 years old) defended his HEAT title by 1st round tko over Eiji Yoshida (7-0-1)

Just wanted to check.

Probably kickboxing.

I don't think Chujaroen has a pleasing style for kickboxing, and personally I don't think him beating Petchpanomrung makes it more interesting. Many fighters could probably beat him.
most viewers & ringside observers thought Petch clearly beat Chujaroen, judges likely went the other way to protect Chujaroen from losing to a full-time kickboxer who is returning to that sport soon

top contender in K-1 at 70g the Himalayan Cheetah Abiral (21 years old) defended his HEAT title by 1st round tko over Eiji Yoshida (7-0-1)

Dude made a fan out of me after his performance against Minoru Kimura.

I'm thinking K-1 gives the next shot to Wajima but this guy deserves a title shot just as much.

He's been out since he broke his shin hasn't he?

I just figured it would be time for his return, feels like it's been a year and a half or two years since. Haven't seen any kind of real update on him since his injury against Murakoshi.

I just figured it would be time for his return, feels like it's been a year and a half or two years since. Haven't seen any kind of real update on him since his injury against Murakoshi.

He broke his leg against Arthur Meyer just over a year ago, nothing to do with the Murakoshi injury. He looks ready to come back, also had a kid in the meantime. He looked career best against Varela just before, really unlucky, at 23 he could still do big things.

Last edited:
He broke his leg against Arthur Meyer just over a year ago, nothing to do with the Murakoshi injury. He looks ready to come back, also had a kid in the meantime. He looked career best against Varela just before, really unlucky, at 23 he could still do big things.

Completely missed that match somehow. Well that explains why it's felt so long. Really hope to see him at full strength sooner than later as it seems K-1 had pretty big plans for him.

Completely missed that match somehow. Well that explains why it's felt so long. Really hope to see him at full strength sooner than later as it seems K-1 had pretty big plans for him.

It's extremely hard to get back to where you were after a shin break in a sport when you need your legs the most. Spong went to boxing, Anderson was already out of his prime when his leg snapped and when he returned he was never the same. I've seen two footballers (not NFL) snap their shins and when they eventually came back their performance level went down and they went to lower quality teams.

It's one of those injuries that destroys careers.

Back