Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

The Grand Prix sounded pretty fun last night and apparently, Hayashi x Tofanelli was a blast.

Miburo had 2 hard fights en route to the final, Turoda had 2 easy blowouts, the result;

I really liked watching Kuroda fight, but my god his voice. Sounded like someone trying to talk through a kazoo.

Any news about the Takeru-Tenshin super fight?

Sakakibara, the RIZIN boss just said the Tokyo Dome event coming this month was initially booked for Takeru vs Tenshin, corona restrictions and Takeru injury changed the plan but we're definitely close to it. Will have to wait for the Olympics to be over. NYE show is the last hope, this year or never.

Kotaro Shimano might have the most robotic form I've ever seen but goddamn, is he a blast to watch from time to time.

4 man kickboxing tournament featuring Kouzi and Taiju Shiratori this weekend, also Nadaka in a 52kg KB bout

Screw Kouzi with all his headbutts

Yuki Egawa and Kota Nakano have been pulled from their respective bouts on the 17th due to COVID protocol. Their opponents Tatsuya Oiwa and Maki Dwansonpong will now face off in an exhibition bout with two minute rounds.

Sucks because I was looking forward to seeing both at their new weightclass.

Also, just saw Hiroto Yamaguchi is fighting a kickboxing match in RISE with open finger gloves. Has RISE ever done that before?

Yuki Egawa and Kota Nakano have been pulled from their respective bouts on the 17th due to COVID protocol. Their opponents Tatsuya Oiwa and Maki Dwansonpong will now face off in an exhibition bout with two minute rounds.

Sucks because I was looking forward to seeing both at their new weightclass.

Also, just saw Hiroto Yamaguchi is fighting a kickboxing match in RISE with open finger gloves. Has RISE ever done that before?
yeah the last RISE on Abema event had 2 open finger glove bouts
this K-1 card is utter trash btw, now it lost those fights. main event is great but there's nothing underneath of real note.

yeah the last RISE on Abema event had 2 open finger glove bouts
this K-1 card is utter trash btw, now it lost those fights. main event is great but there's nothing underneath of real note.

I'll have to catch up on those Abema cards then. I love that more organizations are trying it out.

With all of the vacant titles currently, I would have expected them to run another grand prix. I'm kind of digging the Wajima/Abiral and K-Jee/Aitaka fights because at least those will probably end in finishes. Curious about the skill level of Jitsukata's opponent too but yeah, the undercard is pretty underwhelming.

I haven't really been a fan of any of the women's fights in K-1 so far outside of Knutsson beating KANA, and they've been pushing these heavily lately it seems (lack of imported talent probably has a hand in it too). Especially compared to the Terayama/Kobayashi fight that RISE is headlining Korakuen with next month, it just kind of shows how lower level the K-1 women have been outside of MIO who's just a Shootboxing import in reality.

Het folks, anyone know what time the K-1 event will be,looking forward to watch this live.

thanks!

Back