Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Yeah he’s gonna mess his career up . The fact that he looked like shit and arguably lost that exhibition to a beyond washed Gomi. Even wot the fact that gomi was bigger , tenshins boxing just looked trash. He looked like a journeyman MMA fighter trying his hand at boxing.

Japanese boxers get moved up fast. I imagine they find him a dozen or so winnable fights on his way to a Tokyo Dome fight with Inoue. But he won't last 2 rounds with Inoue (if he gets through the set-ups). To be fair, I don't know what else there is for him in kickboxing but I think he has way more potential in MMA especially if he stays in Japan.

Japanese boxers get moved up fast. I imagine they find him a dozen or so winnable fights on his way to a Tokyo Dome fight with Inoue. But he won't last 2 rounds with Inoue (if he gets through the set-ups). To be fair, I don't know what else there is for him in kickboxing but I think he has way more potential in MMA especially if he stays in Japan.
He’s not getting past even journeymen boxers. He looked so bad against Gomi

I'm a big Tenshin fan but i think he's looked worse in his last 2 fights than he has his entire career so far.

Even if Tenshin comes out and blasts Takeru, and in doing so looks better than ever, he still has no chance at world level in boxing. He's not going into some weak sauce division, he'll most likely end up at Super Bantamweight which is home to Roman, Fulton, MJ, Aleem, Fig, and soon to be Naoya when he moves up.

I assume Tenshin is moving to boxing either for a new challenge or for the money, but he'll struggle to achieve anything more than domestic titles.

If it's money then i understand, but if it's for a challenge then why not fight Rodtang again or one of the top stadium thais, or even move up a few pounds and see what your limits are. I'll support him in boxing of course but i'll be shocked if he actually achieves anything.

I'm a big Tenshin fan but i think he's looked worse in his last 2 fights than he has his entire career so far.

Even if Tenshin comes out and blasts Takeru, and in doing so looks better than ever, he still has no chance at world level in boxing. He's not going into some weak sauce division, he'll most likely end up at Super Bantamweight which is home to Roman, Fulton, MJ, Aleem, Fig, and soon to be Naoya when he moves up.

I assume Tenshin is moving to boxing either for a new challenge or for the money, but he'll struggle to achieve anything more than domestic titles.

If it's money then i understand, but if it's for a challenge then why not fight Rodtang again or one of the top stadium thais, or even move up a few pounds and see what your limits are. I'll support him in boxing of course but i'll be shocked if he actually achieves anything.
Regional titles in Japan are fairly prestigious and certainly a worthy challenge. If he could be the OPBF champion then that's a really good accomplishment (albeit with someone like Tenshin, politics will get involved so it's easier for him to capture it) - even the domestic Japan title is a fairly contested title.

I think K1 still uploads their stuff on Youtube

Does RISE do the same thing? If not does anyone have a site that can help me follow it? (PM me if it's sketchy)

I think K1 still uploads their stuff on Youtube

Does RISE do the same thing? If not does anyone have a site that can help me follow it? (PM me if it's sketchy)

Yes, both promotions upload all their fights to YouTube.

Ah I posted too quickly, what I really meant to ask was do they upload them right away? Or just take like a week after the fight happens?

It's not straight away, so you would have to avoid spoilers.

Great to see Takei pick up another KO win.
t1.JPG

Ashizawa and Ya Man getting a little rowdy.
aym.JPG

Well shit, hopefully this doesn't end up ruining THE MATCH:

Additional fights for The Match announced

Noiri Masaaki vs Ono Kaito
Nakajima Chihiro vs Kasahara Yuki
Riamu vs Ebata Mutsuki
Mahmoud Sattari vs Uchida Yuta

Attachments

• tm.jpg
    tm.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 3

What are your thoughts? After the recent scandal with Fuji.

We will see.

Tenshin probably lost sponsorship money and wants to renegotiate this fight contract by public pressure. He is still selling 'Last Fight Merch' so I think this will go ahead

Last edited by a moderator:
For those interested - RISE 159 is this friday. Most of the matches aren't great but #4 strawweight in the world Kodai is gonna be against 18 year old Ryu Hanaoka, who in my opinion is the fastest rising star in Japanese kickboxing and muay thai. It's Ryu's RISE debut so hopefully he can handle the pressure.

Then on sunday Hiroki Kasahara (brother of Yuki who fought at THE MATCH), will be fighting Bazooki Koki in shootboxing.

For those interested - RISE 159 is this friday. Most of the matches aren't great but #4 strawweight in the world Kodai is gonna be against 18 year old Ryu Hanaoka, who in my opinion is the fastest rising star in Japanese kickboxing and muay thai. It's Ryu's RISE debut so hopefully he can handle the pressure.

Then on sunday Hiroki Kasahara (brother of Yuki who fought at THE MATCH), will be fighting Bazooki Koki in shootboxing.

Was this just added to the card lol? With like a week notice? Japan gonna Japan.

Back