Recent fights/results/news from Japan II

Was this just added to the card lol? With like a week notice? Japan gonna Japan.

It's been announced for a while, but i didn't see the point telling people when most here don't know who Ryu is.

It's been announced for a while, but i didn't see the point telling people when most here don't know who Ryu is.
Really? I updated my calendar 2 days ago and didn't see that fight on Rise 159 on kixdb.com. Maybe they're slow (it's updated now).

Just saw the latest Rise. Ryu looked great.

I also liked Guriko Sato and Koto Hiroaka a lot. Do you know where they stand in the Rise hierarchy? It's hard to find a lot of information about Rise.

Just saw the latest Rise. Ryu looked great.

I also liked Guriko Sato and Koto Hiroaka a lot. Do you know where they stand in the Rise hierarchy? It's hard to find a lot of information about Rise.

Ryu has been stomping people for a while outside of RISE, even picking up big wins over Kiryu, Hiroyuki, and more importantly Issei Ishii (who just signed for K1), and then he goes on the beat Kodai. My best guess is they'll move Ryu along quickly, as they need new challenges for Kazuki Osaki and Kazane, but also because Ryu likes to fight often.

Sato flops between wins and losses regularly so he's consistently inconsistent.

I have no idea about the women, sorry.

This Osaka card from Rise looks pretty big. Any important guys we should know about?

This Osaka card from Rise looks pretty big. Any important guys we should know about?

It's pretty big but I'm not that hype about it, just ok stuff in my opinion.

Main event is a rematch in 5 rounds for their inaugural world title. Cool fight on paper but the first wasn't great, sitll interesting.
I don't rate Nakano very high but the Collins matchup could make for a fun fight. Masahiko Suzuki is top 3 in kick at 55kg facing a solid fun guy in Ueyama, I recommend you catch this one. Kosei Yamada vs Jan Kaffa should be fun too. Kaito has ambition at the world level in the 70kg division after beating Noiri, the Petje matchup is his first step in that direction.
Kazuki Osaki is a really really good fighter, coming back from injury against a former raja champion living in Japan not super fan of that matchup but Osaki is fun.

Don't care much about the other fights, bunch of of fun brawlers present but the level isn't that high. A bit more interested in some of the top prospects like Riku Kazushima, Ryunosuke Omori and Momu Tsukamoto lower on the card but not really facing top opposition.

Last edited:
It's pretty big but I'm not that hype about it, just ok stuff in my opinion.

Main event is a rematch in 5 rounds for their inaugural world title. Cool fight on paper but the first wasn't great, sitll interesting.
I don't rate Nakano very high but the Collins matchup could make for a fun fight. Masahiko Suzuki is top 3 in kick at 55kg facing a solid fun guy in Ueyama, I recommend you catch this one. Kosei Yamada vs Jan Kaffa should be fun too. Kaito has ambition at the world level in the 70kg division after beating Noiri, the Petje matchup is his first step in that direction.
Kazuki Osaki is a really really good fighter, coming back from injury against a former raja champion living in Japan not super fan of that matchup but Osaki is fun.

Don't care much about the other fights, bunch of of fun brawlers present but the level isn't that high. A bit more interested in some of the top prospects like Riku Kazushima, Ryunosuke Omori and Momu Tsukamoto lower on the card but not really facing top opposition.

I'm actually more hyped for Ryu vs Jin on the RISE card on the 28th than i am for anything on the Osaka card.

Spoiler for the Rise event

Petch won the Rise title in an extra round. Probably should not have gone to the extra round, but the fans cheered really loudly for Kento so judges got swayed. Glad he got the deserved decision win. Hopefully he got a title defense in Glory next. Or he gets released from his contract to fight in ONE.

Anyone have vids from the Rise event?

Rise is similar to K-1. They will usually have fights uploaded to their official YT channel about a week after. I've noticed some of the bigger K-1 cards (K'Festa) take a little longer. No idea where, when, or if the Tenshin/Takeru fights will ne uploaded, though... maybe Abema?

Yoshiki Takei became some kind of champion in boxing.
FbHtr9zUYAAdB60

Last edited:
Spoiler for the Rise event

Petch won the Rise title in an extra round. Probably should not have gone to the extra round, but the fans cheered really loudly for Kento so judges got swayed. Glad he got the deserved decision win. Hopefully he got a title defense in Glory next. Or he gets released from his contract to fight in ONE.

What's the difference between the Super Lightweight title and the Super lightweight WORLD title?

What's the difference between the Super Lightweight title and the Super lightweight WORLD title?

The normal Super Lightweight title is more of a national/regional belt, you have to go through the RISE rankings to fight for it. They create a world title when they have a dominant champion going against what they consider a top world level competitor even if it's the first time he fights for them (Tenshin vs Rodtang).

Back