Recent fights/results/news from Kickboxers/MT fighters in MMA

Kanka

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Hey guys. Since we have a similar thread for boxing, and a lot of MT/KB fighters currently are trying MMA, I think it's time for this thread.

Some recent fights:
Samuel Bark (Muay Thai)

Cyril Gane (Muay Thai)

Dylan Salvador (Muay Thai/Kickboxing)

Rafael Fiziev (Muay Thai)

Loma Lookboonme (Muay Thai)

And then of course, Rodtang is fighting Demetrious Johnson in mixed rules soon, and Cedric Doumbe and Alex Pereira have announced that he will switch to MMA. I don't follow MMA very closely and have probably missed a bunch of stuff so please post if you know more.

I never actually saw a Gane fight, Im guessing his MT career wasnt too long or maybe not too international. It will be interesting to see how Doumbe fairs.

Good idea, I'm surprised we haven't had a thread for this already.

At 35, hope groenhart still has enough left to make a respectable run in mma

Is the Armen Petrosyan who was just signed to the UFC Giorgio's brother, or someone else entirely?

Someone else
Ya I saw that name and that he was a Kickboxer and thought it was him, then I saw he was a big LHW. He had a nice KO in the contender series, looks promising.

Ya I saw that name and that he was a Kickboxer and thought it was him, then I saw he was a big LHW. He had a nice KO in the contender series, looks promising.

Dude with the head kick right? I need to find that replay and play it in slow motion cause that head kick didn't even look like it hit his head

Yousri Belgaroui is 2-0 with his third fight next week at UAE Warriors in Abu Dhabi.

Just realized Alex Pereira is fighting on the UFC card this weekend. I might have to check that out.

Just realized Alex Pereira is fighting on the UFC card this weekend. I might have to check that out.
Wow that was fast. Moment of truth.

His boy Glover just took the LHW belt this weekend.

Wow that was fast. Moment of truth.

His boy Glover just took the LHW belt this weekend.

I know i don't watch MMA nowadays but Glover beating Jan didn't surprise me at all. Glad to see someone i watched years ago finally getting the belt.

I just hope Pereira is ready for what he's stepping into.

I know i don't watch MMA nowadays but Glover beating Jan didn't surprise me at all. Glad to see someone i watched years ago finally getting the belt.
Agreed, I remember when we just used to hear about him "training with Chuck Liddell" back in the day. I'm also nearing 40 so cool to see someone in their 40's still at their prime lol...

I'm hoping Pereira does well. If he works his way up to Izzy that would be epic, and also another feather in the cap of Kickboxers.

Back