Recent fights/results/news from Kickboxers/MT fighters in MMA

For real? Where did you see that
Btw would be a shame if Glory loses Vakhitov for good because of their weird decision to terminate all contracts of their Russian fighters (since all the time I still had hope Glory would resign him when shit would calm down in Ukraine-Russia)
It's telegram of Russian journalist, name Igor Lazorin.

Doumbé won his second MMA fight by 2nd round TKO

Signed by UFC and making his promotional debut at UFC Paris then I assume?

Doumbé said this right before his TKO win last weekend:

‘The contract is arriving, it all depend on tonight, but the contract will arrive, we will sign it. And September .. Inchallah.
Pressure because it's like the champions league of MMA , but exciting too because fear of nobody. We want so bad to perform well that we have pressure.’

Considering the Welterweight division is a division dominant with wrestlers in the UFC, he's gonna have his hands full trying to get to the top.

Cedric should not have jumped into the UFC so quick. He's going to take some L's even with favorable booking. Might win at UFC Paris as theyll sign some other local guys for that event, but after that he's going to struggle the same way many Kbers who go into MMA too quickly do.

Cedric should not have jumped into the UFC so quick. He's going to take some L's even with favorable booking. Might win at UFC Paris as theyll sign some other local guys for that event, but after that he's going to struggle the same way many Kbers who go into MMA too quickly do.
Doumbé is fighting Darian Weeks, a guy with pretty good wrestling

Can't shake the feeling that Cedric is going to lose this one. Would love to be wrong though

Can't shake the feeling that Cedric is going to lose this one. Would love to be wrong though

Doumbe was one of my favourites while he was in kickboxing, but now he's in mma i feel like he's gonna fail. Doumbe has a wild and reckless style of kickboxing and wrestlers have no problem with that.

Sooner or later he's gonna get eaten alive. Hey, maybe he'd come back to kickboxing if it happens often enough.

Doumbe was one of my favourites while he was in kickboxing, but now he's in mma i feel like he's gonna fail. Doumbe has a wild and reckless style of kickboxing and wrestlers have no problem with that.

Sooner or later he's gonna get eaten alive. Hey, maybe he'd come back to kickboxing if it happens often enough.

Exactly my thoughts. He's not super long and lanky like Pereira and Adesanya, on top of that he will have to deal with a division dominated by wrestlers (at least to my knowledge it is, I'm just a casual MMA fan). Combine that with his reckless tendencies and he will have a very hard time beating guys that aren't regional level Euro fighters

Exactly my thoughts. He's not super long and lanky like Pereira and Adesanya, on top of that he will have to deal with a division dominated by wrestlers (at least to my knowledge it is, I'm just a casual MMA fan). Combine that with his reckless tendencies and he will have a very hard time beating guys that aren't regional level Euro fighters

I don't watch mma anymore, but WW has always been dominated by wrestlers, even when i watched ufc GSP dominated almost everybody for years. Doumbe has zero chance.

i like the Doumbe who used to outclass people, and not this one headhunting,swinging hooks into infinity until he reaches the chin, this is gonna be wonderful for wrestlers to ragdoll and sub him, also, stupid move going to a major org being so newbie on the sport

According to official website of Hex Fight Series, at yesterday’s event Dzhabar Askerov and Junior Tafa won their fights.

stupid move going to a major org being so newbie on the sport
I mean Alex Pereira was only 3 - 1 when he made his UFC debut and is already fighting for the title after only 3 fights but I guess he's lucky they haven't fed him a strong wrestler yet. Doumbe is 30 years old next week and Alex is 35. Age isn't on their side so guess they have to take the opportunity as soon as it comes even if that means a few losses/learning experiences.

I just can't picture Adesanya going for takedowns and wrestling, so it will be a striking fight which is a good thing for Pereira. Perhaps the cage suits Adesanya better than in a ring considering his evasive style and he's quite accurate with MMA gloves, but my gut feeling is that Pereira will win again - especially considering he's massively inside Adesanya's head already.

I don't watch mma so i don't know how Adesanya fights now compared to his kickboxing days, but the only way i see him winning is running away and making it boring, or with panic wrestling. If he stands in front of Pereira he's gonna get flattened.

Pereira via left hook KO.

Back