Recent fights/results/news from Kickboxers/MT fighters in MMA

The arena was full of hooligans and he ran into their crown and celebrated with them when he won. It was a very peaceful event with no riots, just fun soccer chants.
Some footage from the arena

Last edited:
Results
Petr Romankevich yesterday beat Zuluzinho via KO in a 1 round
according to Sherdog Saulo Cavalari beat Matheus Alexandre Lemes a week ago via TKO in a 1 round

Upcoming fights
according to Tapology Massaro Glunder is fighting Adam Livingston at September 10 at Flex Fights: Vol. 16 and at October 2 Silvis Jansons at LFL 6
Thor Silva, son of Wanderlei Silva is fighting Paulo Rangel at September 25 at Fight Music Show 2 (Tapology lists it as a pro bout while article at mmafighting.com calls it an amateur bout)

Matěj Peňáz suffered his first professional MMA-loss last week.
He fought Sedriques Dumas on Dana White’s contender series, who’s 7-0 now and earned a UFC contract.
Peňáz now holds a MMA record of 6-1.

Murthel Groenhart and Jason Wilnis return to the cage at LFL 6, October 2nd

Murthel Groenhart and Jason Wilnis return to the cage at LFL 6, October 2nd

Glory lightweight Massaro Glunder and Gino van Steenis (MMA-fighter), younger brother of Bellator middleweight Costello van Steenis, will also fight on this card.

upload_2022-9-19_17-51-36.jpeg

PPV, streaming platform (Viaplay) and ticket information:
https://lflmma.com/

Today Jason Wilnis, Murthel Groenhart and Massaro Glunder are fighting MMA.
I made a thread about it with a lot of event-info, enjoy:)

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...sion-12-pm-et-9-am-pt.4258542/#post-169384591
Murthel Groenhart won his fight by decision in a dominant showdown

Jason Wilnis got wrestled to a decision loss. While being the way better fighter on the feet, he got taken down easily and wasn’t able to get back to his feet

Massaro Glunder fought a quite competitive fight against an MMA-propect, but ultimately he lost via submission (kimura)

Apparently Cédric Doumbé officially got cut from the UFC … and he’s set to make his KSW debut in Paris.
What a UFC run he had:D

Why? Was he ever signed?
Yeah he was, but the French commission prevented Doumbé from making his UFC debut in France.
MMA only became legal in France this year, but they still have some special rules for the sport.
According to their rules, someone <10 pro MMA bouts can’t fight someone with more than 4 MMA bouts than he got himself. When someone has 10 or more fights he can fight whoever he wants to fight. I will explain to you how it works below:

The originally scheduled Cédric Doumbé - Darian Weeks fight is off because Doumbé is an Elite 2 fighter in France (<10 fights, someone with 10 fights or more is an Elite 1 fighter), which means he can only fight against someone with no more than 6 MMA fights, since Doumbé has a MMA-record of 2-0.
Weeks got 7 fights, so the fight is not allowed to take place.

Weeks ‘only’ has 7 pro bouts (his amateur MMA-career not included). Doumbé got 2 MMA fights, but is a very experienced kickboxer.
Imo there should be no issues sanctioning this fight, unfortunately I’m not the French sanctioning body…

I agree that it’s a good rule to prevent guys from padding their records, but there should be exceptions for guys like Doumbé, Pereira, etc. who are very experienced/accomplished in other combat sports.
For example:
5-1 Alex Pereira KO’d 25-3 Sean Strickland inside 3 minutes despite a huge gap in ‘MMA’ experience.

Last weekend at LFL 6 I also spoke to Yousri Belgaroui.
He said that Alex Pereira and him liked training together (last month in the Netherlands) very much, so now Yousri will be travelling to the US (he’s actually traveling right now) to train with Alex Pereira and the rest of his team.
He also told me he’ll be fighting for LFA next and if he does well, he has a good chance of entering the UFC. Yousri said that Poatans manager Jorge Guimarães fixed this for him.
In the interview below you see me in a conversation with Yousri, where we’re talking about this:

Yeah he was, but the French commission prevented Doumbé from making his UFC debut in France.
MMA only became legal in France this year, but they still have some special rules for the sport.
According to their rules, someone <10 pro MMA bouts can’t fight someone with more than 4 MMA bouts than he got himself. When someone has 10 or more fights he can fight whoever he wants to fight. I will explain to you how it works below:

The originally scheduled Cédric Doumbé - Darian Weeks fight is off because Doumbé is an Elite 2 fighter in France (<10 fights, someone with 10 fights or more is an Elite 1 fighter), which means he can only fight against someone with no more than 6 MMA fights, since Doumbé has a MMA-record of 2-0.
Weeks got 7 fights, so the fight is not allowed to take place.

Weeks ‘only’ has 7 pro bouts (his amateur MMA-career not included). Doumbé got 2 MMA fights, but is a very experienced kickboxer.
Imo there should be no issues sanctioning this fight, unfortunately I’m not the French sanctioning body…

I agree that it’s a good rule to prevent guys from padding their records, but there should be exceptions for guys like Doumbé, Pereira, etc. who are very experienced/accomplished in other combat sports.
For example:
5-1 Alex Pereira KO’d 25-3 Sean Strickland inside 3 minutes despite a huge gap in ‘MMA’ experience.

This also means that a fighter with 200 amateur MMA fights who's now having his pro MMA debut cannot fight someone who had a total of 5 pro fights regardless of the amateur guy having 195 MMA fights more. Quite retarded.

It's basically going to make it difficult for any top fighter from another combat sport like Kickboxing or Sambo to transition to pro MMA, because realistically who's going to want to fight a top level Kckboxer or Sambo fighter who's having his pro debut if you have 5 pro fights or less?

This also means that a fighter with 200 amateur MMA fights who's now having his pro MMA debut cannot fight someone who had a total of 5 pro fights regardless of the amateur guy having 195 MMA fights more. Quite retarded.

It's basically going to make it difficult for any top fighter from another combat sport like Kickboxing or Sambo to transition to pro MMA, because realistically who's going to want to fight a top level Kckboxer or Sambo fighter who's having his pro debut if you have 5 pro fights or less?
Couldn’t agree more

Back