Recent fights/results/news from ONE Championship

Ozcan and Marat is a FOTY contender for sure. Perfect blend of aggression and technique.

It makes me wonder though - what happened to Superbon vs Ozcan? What happened to Superbon in general? BJJ co-main event seemed odd for an Amazon prime card.

They need to get high level KB on the prime cards. Sell people on a new product while they are brought into consume MMA.

ONE 162 - October 21st

• Zhang vs Di Bella - Strawweight Kickboxing Championship
  • Murtazaev vs Holzken - Lightweight Kickboxing
  • Sittichai vs Boutasaa - Featherweight Kickboxing
  • Larsen vs Vienot - Featherweight Muay Thai

---

ONE on Prime 3 - October 21st

• Eersel vs Klinmee - Inaugural Lightweight Muay Thai Championship
  • Superlek vs Panpayak - Flyweight Muay Thai Grand Prix Final

---

ONE 163 - November 18th

• Akimoto vs Petchtanong - Bantamweight Kickboxing Championship

---

ONE on Prime 4 - November 19th

• Rodtang vs Lasiri - Flyweight Muay Thai Championship

ONE on Prime 3 - October 21st
  • Eersel vs Klinmee - Inaugural Lightweight Muay Thai Championship
I spoke to Regian Eersel yesterday.
He speaked high of his opponent and doesn’t underestimate him, which is a good thing imo.
It also surprised me how big he was.
Could be because of his sweatshirt, but he legit didn’t look like a 77kg fighter at all

upload_2022-10-3_2-15-12.jpeg

The angle of the pic might exaggerate his size, but believe me when I say he looked big in real life.
Also, he looked like a very nice guy

He speaked high of his opponent and doesn’t underestimate him, which is a good thing imo.
Could be because of his sweatshirt, but he legit didn’t look like a 77kg fighter at all

View attachment 946324

The angle of the pic might exaggerate his size, but believe me when I say he looked big in real life.
How much do you weigh?

View attachment 946324

That night at LFL 6, I also met Reinier de Ridder and the Robin Black fella

upload_2022-10-4_3-53-46.jpeg

upload_2022-10-4_3-54-53.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally saw ONE 161

Petmorakot vs Tawanchai was a fantastic fight. Tawanchai is probably my favorite Muay Thai fighter right now.

Close bout, but I gave Tawanchai rounds 1-3 with round 3 being the closest.

Jimmy Vienot needs a title shot soon. I thought he beat Petmorakot more clear than Tawanchai did.

Finally saw ONE 161

Petmorakot vs Tawanchai was a fantastic fight. Tawanchai is probably my favorite Muay Thai fighter right now.

Close bout, but I gave Tawanchai rounds 1-3 with round 3 being the closest.

Jimmy Vienot needs a title shot soon. I thought he beat Petmorakot more clear than Tawanchai did.

Completely agree.

Also, Vienot has a fight in about 2 week in ONE, see my post near the top of the page for some of the fights that have been announced so far.

How would Beztati and Stoyan do in ONE’s 70 kg division?

they are good lvl kickboxers, but they are not on the same league of Superbon, Grigorian, Sitthichai and some others
Well, when Beztati was way more inexperienced a few years ago he went the distance with Marat and Sittichai. He got beat fairly soundly, but wasn’t really out of their league either. That’s why a few years later, while we have a new improved version of Beztati, I was wondering how he would fare against them now

Well, when Beztati was way more inexperienced a few years ago he went the distance with Marat and Sittichai. He got beat fairly soundly, but wasn’t really out of their league either. That’s why a few years later, while we have a new improved version of Beztati, I was wondering how he would fare against them now
I think he'd do quite well. He's entering his prime now.

Back