Recent fights/results/news from Thailand

He also said that i should "wait" , no way he isn't signing with ONE FC soon .

I hope so.

I'm not sure which youtube video it was but ONE left a comment saying "Who should we sign next?" and i said "Yodwicha so he can fight Petchmorakot" and they replied "Interesting" they deleted it a few hours later but i've been hopeful ever since.

Well it seemed to me like Petchmorakot was just gonna fight in ONE from now on but his match vs Thananchai is in Thailand so maybe he's bored of waiting? ONE allows their fighters to fight at stadiums between fights which i love.

Yeah they definitely need to eat more protein as children that's for sure.
Just got done watching some Yodwicha videos that guy got insanely good boxing for a Muay thai fighter, impressive.
Could be a good sign if he ever decides to try k1.

Just got done watching some Yodwicha videos that guy got insanely good boxing for a Muay thai fighter, impressive.
Could be a good sign if he ever decides to try k1.
I wouldn't say it's insanely good boxing for a Muay Thai fighter. He has power for sure but it mostly shows against inferior fighters. He is one of the best clinchers but I think he wants to entertain the crowd so sometimes he just tries to go for the knockout which sometimes does not work out that well. A Peruvian guy called Gabriel Mazzeti almost KO'd him a while ago (can't find the video on youtube).

First time I heard about Yodwicha tbh, record looks very solid.
Most of these guys could easily go up to 80 kg but there is just not enough competition or interest atm in Thailand I think for that to happen.
Petchmorakot is in One right? Does he even fight in Thailand anymore?
Thailand is one of the biggest exporteurs for chicken worldwide, lets hope they pump up all the kids in Isan full of them growth hormones for some real life sagats.

Sagat was real

I wouldn't say it's insanely good boxing for a Muay Thai fighter. He has power for sure but it mostly shows against inferior fighters. He is one of the best clinchers but I think he wants to entertain the crowd so sometimes he just tries to go for the knockout which sometimes does not work out that well. A Peruvian guy called Gabriel Mazzeti almost KO'd him a while ago (can't find the video on youtube).
I trust you on that I am just used to Muay Thai guys not being as efficient with their hands, his knees in the clinch looked very good. Seems like he has very good control over his opponent once he gets into clinch range.
But I would have to watch full length fights before making real judgement I suppose

I trust you on that I am just used to Muay Thai guys not being as efficient with their hands, his knees in the clinch looked very good. Seems like he has very good control over his opponent once he gets into clinch range.
But I would have to watch full length fights before making real judgement I suppose

A lot of people don't rate Yodwicha but you have to understand, Yodwicha fights to his opponent's level and no more. That's why he always wins but it's not always an inspiring performance, if he fought Petchmorakot he'd up his level and it'd be an amazing fight.

A lot of people don't rate Yodwicha but you have to understand, Yodwicha fights to his opponent's level and no more. That's why he always wins but it's not always an inspiring performance, if he fought Petchmorakot he'd up his level and it'd be an amazing fight.
He fought in China under buakaw gym. But these days , I think he just open his gym. Not sure what happen between him n buakaw though. Anyone know anything about it?

He fought in China under buakaw gym. But these days , I think he just open his gym. Not sure what happen between him n buakaw though. Anyone know anything about it?

I saw some sparring vids of them not too long ago. I'm sure it was a cool split

Well he is one of the best Nak Muays of this generation so obviously he will be very skilled also with his hands. I just don't think he would be able to display those "high level hands" in the same dominant fashion against high level Thais. Littewada got the better out of most of the few punch exchanges in this fight for example

It's more of a myth muay thai fighters have bad boxing. The rules of muay thai don't score punches as much so they don't throw them as much. Rodtang for example is a very heavy handed pressure boxer with KO power and he's the best atm.

As I've understood it, strikes are scored by impact and punches don't score less per se. Strong punchers like Thanonchai, and Yodlekphet may be able to score well with punches and win fights, but often it's a difficult thing to do, especially against strong kickers. A good reference would be Kaonar vs Rodtang. In the first fight Kaonar dominated with the kicks and Rodtang could barely land any punches. In the second fight, Rodtang landed some strong punches which earned him the win, whereas Kaonars kicks weren't as effective.

effective and clean strikes (especially those that off-balance or cause any sort of disruption to the opponent) above all else look good in the eyes of the committee; sweeps and dumps score as it's seen as ring generalship.

body kicks and knees are generally more favourable but punches (going back to the first point) do score.

He'd probably beat Petmorakot tbh. Yodwicha is easily the best 154er rn, came back to MT after years, and demolished Satanfah with no issue + he has some of the best boxing at 154.

Also, on the Littewada thing, he's one of the best in terms of skill, but he gets pushed around too easily and his composure isn't the best. It's why he had so much problems against strong knee clinchers and physically strong fighters that he can't easily outmaneuver like Manasak (retired), Yodpanomrung, and Chujaroen. Somehow he did really well against Yodwicha though.

Last edited:
He'd probably beat Petmorakot tbh. Yodwicha is easily the best 154er rn, came back to MT after years, and demolished Satanfah with no issue + he has some of the best boxing at 154.

Also, on the Littewada thing, he's one of the best in terms of skill, but he gets pushed around too easily and his composure isn't the best. It's why he had so much problems against strong knee clinchers and physically strong fighters that he can't easily outmaneuver like Manasak (retired), Yodpanomrung, and Chujaroen. Somehow he did really well against Yodwicha though.

the probability that he loses sometimes is what makes it better for Glory. They don't need a thai champion who goes on an endless undefeated streak nonchalantly kicking people from outside. A more offensive, yet vulnerable guy like Littewada is more exciting for the org. What might not make sense is that Littewada is "more offensive, yet vulnerable" as I barely have an argument to explain this claim. just the most superficial impression.

the probability that he loses sometimes is what makes it better for Glory. They don't need a thai champion who goes on an endless undefeated streak nonchalantly kicking people from outside. A more offensive, yet vulnerable guy like Littewada is more exciting for the org. What might not make sense is that Littewada is "more offensive, yet vulnerable" as I barely have an argument to explain this claim. just the most superficial impression.

I know exactly what you mean with Littewada being more offensive yet vulnerable.

Thais should never go to Glory in the future as they just dominate the competition and the refs and the other fighters hate them. Thais should just go to ONE where they can fight each other.

First time I heard about Yodwicha tbh, record looks very solid.
Most of these guys could easily go up to 80 kg but there is just not enough competition or interest atm in Thailand I think for that to happen.
Petchmorakot is in One right? Does he even fight in Thailand anymore?
Thailand is one of the biggest exporteurs for chicken worldwide, lets hope they pump up all the kids in Isan full of them growth hormones for some real life sagats.

Yodwicha's greatest run was between 2012 - 2014. Petboonchu was still fighting at that time and the two of them were the top clinch fighters at that time. Their fights were all out clinch wars and if I remember correctly, he won 4 out of 7 fights, with 1 being a draw. I believe he's also had wins against the likes of Nong-O, Singdam and Saenchai when they were still active in the stadium circuits. That said, he also tends to have an advantage over a lot of his local opponents due to his size.

Back