PlayStation Recommend a PS5 Game that…

DavidsGhost

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Fits this criteria

I have a short attention span, but I am focused on system type games and stories.

I really enjoy Tony hawk remake. It’s very straight forward. You use a control system to build your skills and score higher points. It’s satisfying.

Similarly, when I was a kid I liked jrpgs because the combat was straight forward. Same idea, you build on top of a set of skill.

I recently decided to get back into gaming after nearly 20 years.

I dislike learning a bunch of awkward controls. I tried Riders Republic, I found fit horrible. The controls don’t feel responsive. Everything feels fake.

I also tried Horizon Forbidden West. I am about 40 minutes into game play. It feels boring, nothing is happening.

what game available on ps5 might fit the criteria?

Tales of Arise if you enjoy JRPG's. Updated battle mechanics from the typical turn based stat back in the day with pretty standard JRPG level/skill system. Best fishing mini game of all the JRPGs I've played!!

I will have to take a look. What do you think makes it appealing for the criteria?
Lots of people consider it the top Playstation exclusive. The story and graphics are pretty epic and the controls are straight forward. It also lacks the bloated open world that makes people find games like Horizon boring.

If you like JRPG's get Yakuza: Like a Dragon (one of my favorite games of all time), Final Fantasy 7 Remake or Persona 5

If you like JRPG's get Yakuza: Like a Dragon (one of my favorite games of all time), Final Fantasy 7 Remake or Persona 5
How does Like a Dragon stand up to the recent games in the series? I've played up to 5 and zero. Love the series but the combat can be pretty repetive. The final mission in zero is taking the piss.

How does Like a Dragon stand up to the recent games in the series? I've played up to 5 and zero. Love the series but the combat can be pretty repetive. The final mission in zero is taking the piss.

The combat system is completely different, and is a pure turn based JRPG. It's actually not too shabby, but the repetitiveness does set in like with all Yakuza games, and it might even be worse, since the battles are naturally longer and you gotta go through menus to beat up the endless string of trash mobs.

It's a solid entry to the franchise, though.

God of War 2018 maybe.
Yeah that was probably the best PS4 exclusive. I just wish it had been a longer game. I think it took about 10 hours to complete. For once though an exclusive lived up to the Sony fanboy hype :p

Yeah that was probably the best PS4 exclusive. I just wish it had been a longer game. I think it took about 10 hours to complete. For once though an exclusive lived up to the Sony fanboy hype :p
10 hours is probably perfect for TS. Also ts, there is a new one coming out in November so if you like 2018 you can jump right into it.

10 hours is probably perfect for TS. Also ts, there is a new one coming out in November so if you like 2018 you can jump right into it.

Put some time into ratchet and clank - it seems to fit the bill. Straight forward and fun. I’ll try god of war next as it seems similar

Returnal doesn’t mess around. You get right into the action but there is a bit of a learning curve. One of my favorite games. I always recommend it because it just so well made. The gameplay loop is super satisfying and the sound is the best I’ve heard in any game.

Take the wackiness of Yakuza and replace the fighting system with a good old fashioned JRPG turn based combat. I thought it was really fun. There are different jobs that you can give each character to find a team comp that you really like. Ichiban (the main character) is my favorite character of any video game ever.

id say Racthet & Clank and the sequel A rift Apart. nice easy and fun.

Back