Red Hot Chili Peppers VS. Faith No More

FNM is the much better and more talented band, they were great even before Mike Patton joined when Chuck Mosely was on vocals. RHCP had a few good albums in them then they became a generic rock band after Blood Sugar Sex Magic.

I am a fan of both bands, but Faith No More (with Mike Patton) is superior to RHCP. It's not even much of an argument. FNM is technically superior, and that is self-evident. RHCP has a more fun vibe, for the most part, but their skills and range are rather narrow. FNM just rawks. Anyone who doesn't own a copy of Angel Dust needs to buy one. Like, right now.

FNM made plenty of cool stuff. They have a wide range.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have seen RHCP in concert. They were enjoyable.

Those posts make a make a much better case in FNM's favor than the songs that OP posted imo.

I can definitely see the argument that FNM is the more talented band. That's extremely apparent when it comes to vocals. However, I think Frusciante deserves to have a little respect put on his name and I just don't really dig FNM's sound. I'm a little surprised by OP's statement that "Epic blew away ANYTHING RHCP ever did." The verses in Epic sound like a rudimentary, corny Beastie Boys imitation to me.

Those posts make a make a much better case in FNM's favor than the songs that OP posted imo.

I can definitely see the argument that FNM is the more talented band. That's extremely apparent when it comes to vocals. However, I think Frusciante deserves to have a little respect put on his name and I just don't really dig FNM's sound. I'm a little surprised by OP's statement that "Epic blew away ANYTHING RHCP ever did." The verses in Epic sound like a rudimentary, corny Beastie Boys imitation to me.

RHCP's early work was somewhat similar to FNM's early work, in that they were both funk/rock hybrids. FNM lost their old singer, who was funk based, and brought Patton in. It took awhile for his rock influence to kick in. The Real Thing (and Epic) was really popular with my friends when it came out and I was in high school (I first saw it on acid at my friend's house. We were both blown away, lol).. They kept evolving in a harder rock direction. RHCP evolved also, in a rock direction, albeit prog-rock, kinda. Navarre's work was fun. Frusciante is good, but too far out there for me. He has serious issues from drugs, etc., and it shows in some of his more dissociated music in his solo work. I like both, but I hardley ever listen to RHCP anymore, but FNM all the time, brah.

Edit:

Last edited:
Back