Red light therapy

Robocok

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What's the verdict? Supposed to help with SAD seasonal affected disorder when you don't get enough sunlight during the winter. I've seen some for under $100 and others are super expensive.

https://joovv.com/pages/shop

red-light-therapy-1280x500.jpg

Last edited:
Joov is a ripoff quite honestly. Sure you can get bigger panels that treat larger areas when buying from them, but the price isn't really justified in my opinion. You can get grow lights off of Amazon that emit the correct frequency of red light for a much lower price. I have a small one that I experimented with just for spot treatments. I can't say that I've noted my injuries heeling faster or my mood improving, but I have noticed the texture of my skin has been a lot better this winter than in previous years. Seems a lot less dry than usual.

I'm way too lazy to get up at dawn, and it's far too cold to have the shirt off at dusk, so the red lights become crucial during winter months in most locales.
Tons of overpriced rip off products for sure, but that does not discount the benefit of red light therapy.

I don't know how helpful red light therapy is. It is something that I do in winter though. I have a vitamin D sunlamp that I sit in front of a couple times a week during the colder months. The lamp is tall, about 6 foot. Most of the lights in the lamp are typical UV white lights. There are a few red lights at the top though which are likely for facial health. All I know is the sunlight gives me some energy after i use it, and ever since using the sunlight I stopped developed colds/flu.

Can't you just make your own with red LED lights? Xmas lights? What nm wavelength are xmas lights?

Back