Rediscovered the tunes of Dr Hook after more than three decades.

sweetviolenturg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Showing my age here but I just watched some old Dr Hook videos on Youtube & hearing those old tunes for the first time since I was a kid brought on some serious nostalgia.

Sounds from my childhood. Although you've chosen different selections that I'd have. I really don't like those songs at all. No offense. These however...

Sounds from my childhood. Although you've chosen different selections that I'd have. I really don't like those songs at all. No offense. These however...

Yeah, thats the era I prefer as well. Shel Silverstein wrote most of their songs from that time. Of course he made his living writing children's books :D

Lot-10-Shel-Silverstein-books-The-Giving-Tree.jpg

Showing my age here but I just watched some old Dr Hook videos on Youtube & hearing those old tunes for the first time since I was a kid brought on some serious nostalgia.

I love Sexy Eyes, I'm always strutting to that when it comes on!

Oh, no offense taken. I love those tunes as well. It's just that the ones that I chose resonated with me more because they came out when I was a bundle of raging hormones & they made me think of girls. And, the fact that people were actually getting laid to those songs ( not me though, I was still too young )! LOL.

Yeah, thats the era I prefer as well. Shel Silverstein wrote most of their songs from that time. Of course he made his living writing children's books :D

Lot-10-Shel-Silverstein-books-The-Giving-Tree.jpg

Awesome! I never put the two together before just now.

Back