Law Remington subpoenas grades, attendance, disciplinary records of child victims

They made it about money, now they are making it about money. Surprise, surprise...

If only Remington didn't market the rifles like they did then the kid wouldn't have stolen his mom's gun and forced all these people to seek financial compensation from a tragedy. Poor shooter just wanted to play soldier and massacre grade-schoolers because he saw an ad with guys in camouflage holding semi-auto rifles.

These rifles will function differently when Remington loses in court.

How does suing Remington even make sense? Are they claiming the gun malfunctioned?

Not that I agree with it, but I think the root cause of the lawsuit stems to them suing Remington for making a gun look “cool to kill with”. Something like that.

Like, suing them for tayloring advertisements to appeal to wanna be mass shooters or encouraging the use of their rifles in such events

So if a company is getting sued it gives their attorneys carte blanche to act like raging fuckfaces?

Umm...yes?

A company like Remington isn't just gonna roll over. You bring a lawsuit against them, and you best be prepared for the shark tank.

How did this not get thrown out before getting to court? Our judicial system is done with the Dem Reich in power…

Not that I agree with it, but I think the root cause of the lawsuit stems to them suing Remington for making a gun look “cool to kill with”. Something like that.

Like, suing them for tayloring advertisements to appeal to wanna be mass shooters or encouraging the use of their rifles in such events
I'd like to see these ads that encourage mass shootings. What would such an ad even look like?

Seems like an incredible stretch that isn't based on even thinking the company is in any way responsible so much as the company having money.

They aren't suing the manufacturers of the guy's medication, or his doctor for not fixing his mental illness, but are instead suing Remington because a mentally ill kid illegally stole a weapon, and they want to convince the court that a major contributing factor was that he happened to have seen an advertisement for the same weapon that his mom just happened to have left lying around, which convinced him to steal it and shoot up an elementary school?

A bull shit lawsuit so so use what is required to fight back.

The Republicans should use this and other shit creepy Joe and the democrats are using against them . It's an end run at taking guns away. The same old lie about not wanting to take your guns.

Maybe they are going to settle $$ amount based on grades and attendance. It wouldn’t surprise me.

I've never understood the logic of going after a manufacturer making a product they're legally allowed to make in the country they're in. If you have beef with the law, you take it up with government - not a witch hunt against the random manufacturer the gun was from. Whatever the company is doing at this point is to defend themselves after being put in that position; fight dirty tactics with dirty tactics.

Are they going full Alex Jones?
What a bunch of creeps.

This seems really weird and just outside the scope…are the plaintiffs arguing for wrongful death / future economic loss? Well then it would make some sense but it’s still quite dumb on both sides. How’s a 6 year old future earnings to be projected? If not, then it’s a ludicrous request

Back