Remnant from the ashes - ( A Souls-Like Shooter) Aug 20th

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
a $40 buy released on Aug 20th

Remnant: From the Ashes occupies a space somewhere between the dopamine-soaked looting of The Division 2 and the scrappy co-op of Left 4 Dead.

This is a third-person, three-player online action game about going on endless dungeon runs, fighting bosses, and accumulating new weapons and armor for persistent characters.

Last edited:
im kinda of curious about this game, but i dont know yet

*yawn* This just sounds like another
Co-op looter. Don't really understand how this is suppose to be souls-like.

its way to short and little to no verity....nope this game is kind of w.e

a $40 buy released on Aug 20th

Remnant: From the Ashes occupies a space somewhere between the dopamine-soaked looting of The Division 2 and the scrappy co-op of Left 4 Dead.

This is a third-person, three-player online action game about going on endless dungeon runs, fighting bosses, and accumulating new weapons and armor for persistent characters.

Have you played it yet?

I've watched a few streams and it looks alright visually but shooters normally aren't my thing so not sure how much I'd like it.

Have you played it yet?

I've watched a few streams and it looks alright visually but shooters normally aren't my thing so not sure how much I'd like it.
nah. waiting for more reviews. I read co op is better

BUMP!

Anybody play this game? I bought it off the strength and recommendation of two friends and it's a blast to play. it can be tough as shit but I am really enjoying the game thus far.

Didn't know they had coop might check this out.

yeah the game is a bit buggy on the PC but co-op is a lot of fun. There's a boss that's super easy to beat solo but hard as shit to beat co-op.

yeah the game is a bit buggy on the PC but co-op is a lot of fun. There's a boss that's super easy to beat solo but hard as shit to beat co-op.

Why is the boss harder in coop? Health and/or damage boost?

Why is the boss harder in coop? Health and/or damage boost?

Both. It's a set of flying monsters that are attacking you from both sides while the team is on a bridge. Not only can you be knocked off (instant un-revivable death) but if your team mate goes down (on the bridge) they can target you while you try to revive them. The AI is very opportunistic if one goes down basically.

Didn't know they had coop might check this out.
I'd actually call this a co-op title with SP if you want it; it's in practice designed around group-play -- perfect for you and your cousin. I earned Platinum for it on the PS and had a lot of fun. Met some very good dudes whom I still message with to present day. If you're in the headspace for a third-person, team shooter with solid mechanics + item hunting and sci-fi, steampunk elements, pick it up.

This game is a lot of fun so far. I would describe it as Souls like with guns.

Forgot I purchased this and missed the Nioh 2 sale so I’m jumping on it now. So far pretty good. Any advice from my fellow sherdoggers?

Forgot I purchased this and missed the Nioh 2 sale so I’m jumping on it now. So far pretty good. Any advice from my fellow sherdoggers?

I started it with a buddy last week. Not far yet. We beat one boss so far, but we’re not sure if it was a main story boss or just some side dungeon boss. Have only probably put in about 60-90 minutes so far I would guess. We’re largely clueless about what we’re even doing at this point.

I started it with a buddy last week. Not far yet. We beat one boss so far, but we’re not sure if it was a main story boss or just some side dungeon boss. Have only probably put in about 60-90 minutes so far I would guess. We’re largely clueless about what we’re even doing at this point.

Dude I feel the exact same way. I’m at a boss right now called shroud and he’s been a handful. But other than that I’ve just been aimlessly wandering.

Tried it. Not really a fan. The boss fights put me off. I fucking hate having to deal with never ending spawning lesser enemies when trying to deal with a boss.

Back