Removing brand logos

drbolony

-Cautious Alex's Kickboxing Coach-
@Gold
Reaction score
Sup fellers, got a pair of Golden Gear BGV-9's that are still going strong, but the print on logo looks like shit. Is there anything I could use to remove it that doesn't damage the leather?

Thanks in advance, I can post pics for reference if needed.

Last edited:
I think you can use a heat gun to remove it, but I've never tried myself
Thanks for the suggestion bud, I know it can be done, Luke Rockhold did it to a pair of blue Winnings (then again those aren't leather):

Edit:

The answer is acetone (for leather at least) if you guys were wondering.

Worked well with my gloves, but I did mess up the paint on a headgear I don't use (so it's fine) just be careful guys. I suggest you soak your cotton swab, remove the logo little by little, and dry as you go. As soon as I was done I treated with Vaseline for 30 mins then I worked it in to the leather after the 30 mins were up.

Here's the result:

IMG-20210610-153838.jpg

Headgear for reference:
IMG-20210610-153905.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion bud, I know it can be done, Luke Rockhold did it to a pair of blue Winnings (then again those aren't leather):

Edit:

The answer is acetone (for leather at least) if you guys were wondering.

Worked well with my gloves, but I did mess up the paint on a headgear I don't use (so it's fine) just be careful guys. I suggest you soak your cotton swab, remove the logo little by little, and dry as you go. As soon as I was done I treated with Vaseline for 30 mins then I worked it in to the leather after the 30 mins were up.

Here's the result:

IMG-20210610-153838.jpg

Headgear for reference:
IMG-20210610-153905.jpg

That looks great on the gloves! So was there any difference in your technique compared with doing it on the gloves vs the headguard?

That looks great on the gloves! So was there any difference in your technique compared with doing it on the gloves vs the headguard?
None that I noticed, in fact I think I used more acetone on the gloves. Wish I had more to give you, but for now just proceed with caution. Remove in circular motions and dry as you go. You may have to hit some spots more than once since the paint tends to dry quickly and smudge.

That old Fairtex headgear is a nightmare anyways, I swear it actually hurts more the get hit with it on. I know reducing damage isn't part of the head gears job, but I've tried others on, this one just straight lacks protection. Good riddance basically.

Last edited:
I’ve used Angelus Leather Preparer and Deglazer before. It should definitely take the logo off but it may also fade the color of the leather a little bit.

I’ve used Angelus Leather Preparer and Deglazer before. It should definitely take the logo off but it may also fade the color of the leather a little bit.
Similar results with acetone, only cheaper. As you can see in the pics, the gloves came out fine, only the headgear (which I don't use) faded.

Similar results with acetone, only cheaper. As you can see in the pics, the gloves came out fine, only the headgear (which I don't use) faded.
Those gloves came out great! I just now looked at your pictures. Just out of curiosity, is Golden Gear a brand out of Thailand? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of them before this thread.

Those gloves came out great! I just now looked at your pictures. Just out of curiosity, is Golden Gear a brand out of Thailand? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of them before this thread.
Thanks bud! They don't exist anymore. It was a family owned Business, the owner Danny used to post on here and offered some great deals on his brand which was originally just rebranded Fairtex. Eventually he went on to work with other thai brands before disappearing around 2014.

Back