Crime Report on Khashoggi murder is out

Saudi Arabia executing people isnt anything new but sense its a western affiliated journalist they act like they care . They can sanction some officials then they'll be disappeared into a black hole or flee the country . In my opinion this is just posturing nothing will fundamentally change with the US Saudi relationship
from the think tank Responsible state craft
"Biden’s expressions of toughness against Saudi Arabia may be intended to appease the U.S. public without altering the decades of U.S. support for the House of Saud. Americans have not forgotten that 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were Saudi, as demonstrated by the successful activism of the families of 9/11 victims that resulted in Congress passing JASTA in 2016 over President Obama’s veto. JASTA (Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act) allows 9/11 families to sue a foreign state for acts of terrorism: litigation against Saudi Arabia on behalf of 9/11 families that resulted from JASTA’s passage is ongoing. The attack on the Pensacola Air Force base in Florida in late 2019 by a Saudi aviation student reiterated associations between Saudi Arabia and terrorist attacks on Americans.

Why is Biden so reluctant to change the U.S.-Saudi relationship? Despite Congressional efforts to hold Saudi Arabia accountable for the murder of Khashoggi, the U.S. weapons industry remains one of the most powerful forces lobbying on behalf of Saudi Arabia, as well as other Arab despots that enrich American weapons manufacturers. Although members of Congress continue to invest their own finances in the lucrative industry of weapons manufacture, some arms dealers are eager to escape the possibility of future Congressional limits on arms sales. After Biden announced a pause on “relevant” U.S. weapons sales to Saudi Arabia, arms merchant Lockheed Martin announced that it will establish a joint venture with Saudi Arabian Military Industries (SAMI). Weapons makers are likely to pursue further strategies to evade Congressional oversight of arms sales to wealthy Gulf monarchs, as well as other human rights abusers and war criminals around the world."

Trump bragging that he saved MBS is the kicker. He knew it and did nothing.
Egyptian dictator Sisi , Saudi king at the time , Trump . lol
23orb-superJumbo.jpg

Lets see how Biden reacts to this news. Assassination of political opponents is the most evil and corrupt action someone in power can take and now that the facts are out it will look very bad to just let this slide. I mean other countries were invaded or bombed because US intelligence made unsubstantiated claims about their governments, how will the US justify inaction in this incidence?

Trump bragging that he saved MBS is the kicker. He knew it and did nothing.
Not sure you are aware of this but what trump does and what people know is not connected. Americans covering for the saudis is not something that is exclusive to trump. Get over your tds :D
You have to have a sub 50 iq if you think the saudis did something like this and mbs didnt know and ok it

Lets see how Biden reacts to this news. Assassination of political opponents is the most evil and corrupt action someone in power can take and now that the facts are out it will look very bad to just let this slide. I mean other countries were invaded or bombed because US intelligence made unsubstantiated claims about their governments, how will the US justify inaction in this incidence?
He might say something but he will do nothing. Cant rock the middle east boat to much.

lets see Biden response

It was the Biden Administrations decision to declassify and release the report ahead of passing it to Congress.

So his response, so far, has been a hell of a lot more open than the previous administration. And we can at least be thankful for them pointing the finger in the right direction, rather that hiding these contents for three years and openly boasting about protecting the Prince.

Biden is the person that approved the publication of the report, Trump sat on it to protect his buddy MBS. I assume Biden will shortly sanction a long list of Saudi officials and also put a freeze on weapons sales until certain obligations are met.

<[analyzed}>

It was the Biden Administrations decision to declassify and release the report ahead of passing it to Congress.

So his response, so far, has been a hell of a lot more open than the previous administration. And we can at least be thankful for them pointing the finger in the right direction, rather that hiding these contents for three years and openly boasting about protecting the Prince.

His response so far has been bombing Syria and helping the Saudi´s against Iran.

You goof

Biden is the person that approved the publication of the report, Trump sat on it to protect his buddy MBS. I assume Biden will shortly sanction a long list of Saudi officials and also put a freeze on weapons sales until certain obligations are met.

Looks like he's keeping the balance.

BBC News - Biden takes first military action with Syria strike on Iran-backed militias
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-56205056

Nothing says "I'm disappointed in you" like a military attack on Saudi's biggest rival.

I hope Biden does this as well...

but I seriously doubt it. when it comes to Saudi Royalty we seem to let them get away with a lot

Back