Resident Evil 3 Remake

Lol memers are calling it a Demake lmao but I watched Dist play it for a few hours and it looks phenomenal. Any game with hype gets idiots shit talking it just to be edgy.

Can you change the control layout for the shooting?
Unfortunately not. But its not a big deal

As for anyone playing this tomorrow. Please start the game on hardcore. I dont think what I am about to say are spoilers, but Ive put it as such if people want to go in 100% blind. Wish I started it like that if I knew what I know now. You'll definitely enjoy it more, even though there ay be some sticky bits.

The game is far too lenient with ammo, health items etc, and there are safe rooms everywhere it seems like lol. There are no ribbons so you can save as many times as you'd like (feels unlimited). I'm used to planning out my saves aswell but you dont need to on normal, making it feel easier. Lots of checkpoints too. Like I said start on hardcore.

As for nemmy he is easy to drop. Infact I never felt like I was in danger since a nade would drop him for 30 seconds any time he did appear and like the original, he drops some goodies but I think Mr X was a lot more terrifying since Mr X didnt drop so easily. Nemmy is like spiderman though and is everywhere.

The game has insane polish, the love and craft that has gone into this just pours out. Its amazing, and thats why little niggles pop out as much even though its no big deal. The performance on the base PS4 is great aswell.

The game looks stunning, but its a bit too linear and too set piece based (similar to the original). The original felt like you had more agency in where youre going etc as it had the classic RE backtracking over a small, interconnected area. That is the same here but it feels a lot more linear, due to the tighter design and backtrack reduction, even though the design aspect and philosophy is the same as the original.
I think it being 3rd person is the reason tbh.

The gameplay and the dodging is real fun though. The atmosphere is sublime too, with a lot of notes scattered about explaining stuff. The set pieces are gorgeous and Nemmy feels like the terminator on steroids in the cutscenes too. Its awesome.

Ive only played 1.5 hours cause I dont want to finish it too quickly. Im making too quick a progress I think. Im loving the game so far.

Last edited:
Damnit. I really wanna buy it right now digitally, but I’ve heard the campaign is under 10 hrs. Gonna hold off and physically buy it tmrw and resell it if it has no replay-ability

Played for a couple of hours tonight. Doesn’t feel as polished as RE2. The zombies don’t follow you from room to room, generally which makes it super easy to exploit them.

Game looks great though. Dodge mechanic works really well. Was surprised at how forgiving Hardcore is. Plenty of ammo and continues if you want them.

Some big changes to the story which I’m not sure how I feel about yet.

The remake removed the clock tower, Zoo, Dead Factory, Water Treatment Plant, and a certain boss fight from the original. They simplified or removed puzzles. They simplified the map layout. No more Nemesis story decisions either.

Overall shorter story than the original too.

Currently on Metacritic:

80/100 Critics (64 Reviews)

6.1/10 User Score (475 Reviews)

=(

Last edited:
The zombies don’t follow you from room to room, generally which makes it super easy to exploit them.
They do for some areas, nt sure if all but there were areas where they did follow me.
Doesn’t feel as polished as RE2
REmake 2's scope was smaller, with fewer zombies on screen at any time.RE3 is more bombastic and cinematic, Id say its just as polished if not more so.
Was surprised at how forgiving Hardcore is. Plenty of ammo and continues if you want them.
Its even easier on normal. Damn.
Some big changes to the story which I’m not sure how I feel about yet.
Yup, its like its been remixed by a DJ, story elemens are in different places etc. Kind of cool since you dont know whats gonna happen if youve played the original a billion times even though the beats of the story and scenarios are the same.

I know fans would dislike it though.

The remake removed the clock tower, Zoo, Dead Factory, Water Treatment Plant, and a certain boss fight from the original. They simplified or removed puzzles. They simplified the map layout. No more Nemesis story decisions either.
Play the game, its super fun. Why does everyone want a 10/10 perfect game? It does what it sets out to do very well. This rendition of Nemesis is awesome visually even though he's easier than the original, which makes sense, he feels underpowered. I think the game being 3D and Jill being slower meant a weaker Nemesis.

As for the puzzles, fuck original RE3s puzzles lol.

playing through Nioh 2 NG+ now and have FF7 preordered. I'll look for this on a sale in a couple of months. Everything I've heard says it's good, but really short.

Overall shorter story than the original too.

Currently on Metacritic:

80/100 Critics (64 Reviews)

6.1/10 User Score (475 Reviews)

=(

Man, fuck. I thought reports said they were expanding upon the original game?!

playing through Nioh 2 NG+ now and have FF7 preordered. I'll look for this on a sale in a couple of months. Everything I've heard says it's good, but really short.
Yup, everything looks good...except that short ass campaign and shitty looking multiplayer. I know the original was short as well, but at least the original had mercenaries, not some tacked on multiplayer. Waiting for this one to go on sale.

Question for those who’ve seen the ending...

is that Rebecca picking the vial up after the credits?

They do for some areas, nt sure if all but there were areas where they did follow me.

REmake 2's scope was smaller, with fewer zombies on screen at any time.RE3 is more bombastic and cinematic, Id say its just as polished if not more so.

Its even easier on normal. Damn.

Yup, its like its been remixed by a DJ, story elemens are in different places etc. Kind of cool since you dont know whats gonna happen if youve played the original a billion times even though the beats of the story and scenarios are the same.

I know fans would dislike it though.
I mean maybe it looks better but seeing the zombie AI just shut off because you’re on the other side of a gate is kinda jank.

i dig it, it does a better job of getting me into the game versus part 2 remake did. I don't mind the shorter run time and i'm sure the cut sections will be somehow referenced in DLC. (hopefully).

Just went on to Metacritic to see why the user scores were so low. The second red score I seen said this.

"once again, a Capcom game filled with filthy language. There are F-bombs in almost every sentence, as well as other profanities.
There's also some clear feminist propaganda going on in this game. We need to show developers that we won't put up with this anymore, and hit them where it hurts - withholding our money!"

This is making me more likely to get it <Lmaoo>

I mean maybe it looks better but seeing the zombie AI just shut off because you’re on the other side of a gate is kinda jank.
Some zombies, once you kill, just disappear. I dont know why the zombies & the complexity of the zombies aesthetics were reducing this game. No more gory arms and limbs dripping off. You can also abuse the big doors when facing the hunters and zombies. Im taking the game slow, love it, but in some ways, its a slight downgrade to REmake 2, but its so bombastic in other ways. Feast for the eyes.

Just went on to Metacritic to see why the user scores were so low. The second red score I seen said this.

"once again, a Capcom game filled with filthy language. There are F-bombs in almost every sentence, as well as other profanities.
There's also some clear feminist propaganda going on in this game. We need to show developers that we won't put up with this anymore, and hit them where it hurts - withholding our money!"

This is making me more likely to get it <Lmaoo>

Acting like Jill wasn't a bad ass before this lol

Acting like Jill wasn't a bad ass before this lol
Jill > Claire.

"You want Stars, Ill give you Stars" whilst walking down Nemesis while single-handing a Magnum, and firing shots is like the most badass moment in RE (from the original RE3).

Ahh so I know where the 5 hour play time comes from. Apparently after you finish the gme, there is a timer for how fast you completed it, mine was 5:36 but if you look at the top corner it said 8:40 ish so I assume, there was like 3 hours of cutscenes etc and it doesnt count those.

Really fun boss battle at the end, and its super goddamn cool even though its missing the iconic line. There is also an awesome fails state at the end, just fail the final thing to see it.

Really enjoyed my time with it, will reflect on it over night but its a solid 8.5-9/10 to me, maybe even higher on a replay.

On to the MP portion for tomorrow, really enjoyed the beta, looking forward to the final product.

Jill > Claire.

"You want Stars, Ill give you Stars" whilst walking down Nemesis while single-handing a Magnum, and firing shots is like the most badass moment in RE (from the original RE3).
Jill's been superior since the released of Code Veronica and Claire falling for a jabroni like Steve.

Jill's been superior since the released of Code Veronica and Claire falling for a jabroni like Steve.
Code Veronica was ass 90% of the time. I hate to say it, but when I see people praising it like its the GOAT RE game, Id die a little. The graphics and dynamic camera were great at the time though, and still holds up with the remaster (that one is insanely dark).

Back