Resident Evil 3 Remake

Code Veronica was ass 90% of the time. I hate to say it, but when I see people praising it like its the GOAT RE game, Id die a little. The graphics and dynamic camera were great at the time though, and still holds up with the remaster (that one is insanely dark).
I'd like the game a lot more if it didn't have the Antarctica part.

I feel like youre looking for reasons to confirm your bias towards this game.

But I do see the short comings of the game, but a 6/10 is definitely what I wouldnt rate the game. A 6/10 means the game is slightly better than average, and this game isnt that.

Acting like Jill wasn't a bad ass before this lol
I seen people were mad that they changed her classic costume from a mini skirt to a skort(??? Whatever that is). They were all crying about how it's not accurate and you can't look up it when you tilt the camera.

Code Veronica was ass 90% of the time. I hate to say it, but when I see people praising it like its the GOAT RE game, Id die a little. The graphics and dynamic camera were great at the time though, and still holds up with the remaster (that one is insanely dark).

Don't agree, code x was a good game. It was awesome when weaker showed up too.

I've always felt the same way. You can't even explode the zombie heads in it! I thought RE 1, 2, and 3 had much more interesting locations too.

I will say this about it though, next to the 1st one it has the most hilarious cut scenes. Steve, Claire, and the cross dressing prince provide a ton of laughs in the first half of the game. After that though, the cinematics become less funny unfortunately :(

I've always felt the same way. You can't even explode the zombie heads in it! I thought RE 1, 2, and 3 had much more interesting locations too.

I will say this about it though, next to the 1st one it has the most hilarious cut scenes. Steve, Claire, and the cross dressing prince provide a ton of laughs in the first half of the game. After that though, the cinematics become less funny unfortunately :(
Resident Evil 4 had some funny and charming ones to be fair. "Where's everybody going? Bingo?"

Resident Evil 4 had some funny and charming ones to be fair. "Where's everybody going? Bingo?"
RE4 knows what it is, a AAA game with B movie plot and characters.

A fucking classic and ATG game.

RE4 was campy because it was a Japanese developer making a game taking place in modern-day Spain, but making it seem like 1700s Spain with the poor villages and gigantic castles, with an American action hero protagonist saying humorous one-liners.

And... someone that was a cop for one day being recruited by the CIA to retrieve the President's kidnapped daughter from a religous cult bent on world domination.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blasting RE4. I just finished playing through it a few days ago for the 10th time at least. So I'm the last person that'll criticize it for being 'unrealistic.' I'm just saying there's SO much more that's funny about it besides cheesy one-liners.

If anyone wants to know how RE3make compares to RE2make. Imo, its not a great as that game. To me RE2make is one of the best RE games ever and an easy top 5 RE game. If you asked me what my top 10 favourite games ever are, 1/3 would probably be occupied by RE games lol.

But I digress.

RE3 has better boss fights, better characters modelling and graphics (Jill has like the most expressive eyes Ive ever seen in a game yet), is ahead in terms of overall polish and scope. It just lacks in the gameplay compared to RE2make, especially the core RE loop, of exploring, resource managment, plotting routes and connecting areas (which is the same as the original RE3 tbf). There are areas where you do feel for a moment might all be interconnecting etc but It doesnt feel as rewarding as the shortcuts arent really as interwoven organically (looking at you hospital area). Its also a lot easier, normal is too easy at point with a few annoying areas but still, resource management and route plotting arent as important (this wasnt the case with the original RE3).

But I still greatly enjoyed my first playthrough, I like the remixing of areas and locations so it didnt feel like an exact retread of the original. Things happen in different orders aswell. The final portion feels a lot like RE2make ending stages aswell, you could say its nearly identical but it has been RE3-ified.

RE4 was campy because it was a Japanese developer making a game taking place in modern-day Spain, but making it seem like 1700s Spain with the poor villages and gigantic castles, with an American action hero protagonist saying humorous one-liners.

And... someone that was a cop for one day being recruited by the CIA to retrieve the President's kidnapped daughter from a religous cult bent on world domination.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blasting RE4. I just finished playing through it a few days ago for the 10th time at least. So I'm the last person that'll criticize it for being 'unrealistic.' I'm just saying there's SO much more that's funny about it besides cheesy one-liners.

I see the president has equipped his daughter with ballistics still makes me crack up laughing lol. I may just replay that game soon enough. Love it so much. Its one of the best paced games ever, even if the final 1/3rd is balls to the wall, and its just so well designed. I dont think theyve topped the regenerator yet when it comes to new enemy types.

Dont read this if you dont want an enemy type spoiled for you in RE3make.
There a "pale" imitation in the new RE3 game though.

100% agree. I love that game though. It's my 2nd favourite of the series next to the first remake and they're both up there for completely different reasons.

I see the president has equipped his daughter with ballistics still makes me crack up laughing lol.

Lol, yup, same here. Can't get away with that today.

And then he says she should introduce herself, right after he said he knows who she is, and sexually harasses her. :D

I may just replay that game soon enough. Love it so much. Its one of the best paced games ever, even if the final 1/3rd is balls to the wall, and its just so well designed. I dont think theyve topped the regenerator yet when it comes to new enemy types.

I may be one of the few who thinks the game gets worse (or less good) as it goes along.

I love the village segment the most, and I can't say I enjoy the castle anywhere near as much. The boss battles are... not the best from there on afterward. Krauser is a pain in the ass, and the final boss is a joke.

I do appreciate the 'war' section, with friend of Leon's flying the helicopter. That's always sweet.:D

Lol, yup, same here. Can't get away with that today.

And then he says she should introduce herself, right after he said he knows who she is, and sexually harasses her. :D

I may be one of the few who thinks the game gets worse (or less good) as it goes along.

I love the village segment the most, and I can't say I enjoy the castle anywhere near as much. The boss battles are... not the best from there on afterward. Krauser is a pain in the ass, and the final boss is a joke.

I do appreciate the 'war' section, with friend of Leon's flying the helicopter. That's always sweet.:D

I never felt bored playing that game, its a 12-15 hour game and it feels at times that Im playing multiple different games within it, just loved it. RE 5 and 6 tried to replicate it but just couldnt.

RE 5 and 6 tried to replicate it but just couldnt.

I only played 5, once, and from what I remember its best section wasn't as good as RE4's worst.

Never bothered with RE6. Heard it was crap, and after RE5 I'll take their word for it.

Could be *shrug*

I don't like what I'm hearing and I really enjoyed the original RE3
Play the game, simple.

If you go in after watching others opinions, it'll 100% cloud your judgement of the final game. We live in an age where everyone else is parroting opinions of someone else.

It certainly did. "I'm sending my right hand after you!" "Your right hand comes off?"

Code Veronica and the original were special though because almost every single cinematic had such laughably bad dialogue and voice acting. I can never stop laughing at Leo DeCaprio (Steve) in Code Veronica firing 2 uzis while screaming "FAAAAATTTHHHERRRRRRRRRR!!"

Fun game that plays well with great controls and looks awesome, I never get tired of seeing the fire effects especially in a tight area when Nemesis is coming in blazing through.

The zombie AI in my playthrough has been hit or miss, sometimes they disappear, sometimes they forget I'm there, sometimes it's like I'm stuck in a mosh pit getting shoved around non stop.

Back