Resident Evil 3 Remake

Loved RE2make. Not perfect but felt like a modern take on a classic by feeling fresh but totally retaining the spirit of the original.

Would like a refund for this game. Nemesis is even more of a nuisance than Mr X. I actually loved RE3 as a kid which makes this hurt even more. The game looks great and plays pretty close to exactly as RE2 but the minor tweeks are pretty much all worse. Seems like a cool game that I'd actually like to explore but well, you know.

I imagine when they remake Code Veronica, Tyrant will just chase you the entire game?

giphy - 2020-04-04T204921.007.gif

Last edited:
Loved RE2make. Not perfect but felt like a modern take on a classic by feeling fresh but totally retaining the spirit of the original.

Would like a refund for this game. Nemesis is even more of a nuisance than Mr X. I actually loved RE3 as a kid which makes this hurt even more. The game looks great and plays pretty close to exactly as RE2 but the minor tweeks are pretty much all worse. Seems like a cool game that I'd actually like to explore but well, you know.

I imagine when they remake Code Veronica, Tyrant will just chase you the entire game?

View attachment 757671
You can explore that whole first section of town without Nemesis chasing you, you just gotta do everything before you trigger him. Similar to the RCPD in RE2 Remake where you can do a lot of stuff before you trigger Mr. X

Last edited:

View attachment 757671
Lol

Firstly a nade drops him for 30 seconds (on normal), he only ever appears when you need to go from point A to B, so how are you playing the game? Trying to explore when you got a Nemmy at your back?

You can explore that whole first section of town without Nemesis chasing you, you just gotta do everything before you trigger him. Similar to the RCPD in RE2 Remake where you can do a lot of stuff before you trigger Mr. X
Seems like you have very limited ammo and a lot of zombies at that point. I didn't do much looking around because I played the demo.

Lol

Firstly a nade drops him for 30 seconds (on normal), he only ever appears when you need to go from point A to B, so how are you playing the game? Trying to explore when you got a Nemmy at your back?
I only played for maybe an hour or so because I have my kids this weekend and I didn't want this game to give them nightmares. I don't like wasting ammo on enemies you can't kill. I never took one shot at Mr X and given as scarse as ammo felt in this game I wasn't going to waste any on Nemesis. I'll get back to it tonight and hopefully get past this part (I heard he lightens up after a while) but it feels like he's been chasing me for 75% of the game. And much like Mr X he's just a nusance. He's not even the real threat. The real threat is running into zombies because you have to keep moving.

Again the game looks fantastic and obviously has the guts of a good game but as a fan of the original I'm not happy with the changes they've made. They absolutely fucking nailed RE2 and this feels like they've already jumped the shark back into the action genre.

Seems like you have very limited ammo and a lot of zombies at that point. I didn't do much looking around because I played the demo.
Things changed from the demo such as item placements, what order you get certain items, certain doors being locked, and you can also unlock all the lockpick-able doors before you encounter Nemesis.

I only played for maybe an hour or so because I have my kids this weekend and I didn't want this game to give them nightmares. I don't like wasting ammo on enemies you can't kill. I never took one shot at Mr X and given as scarse as ammo felt in this game I wasn't going to waste any on Nemesis. I'll get back to it tonight and hopefully get past this part (I heard he lightens up after a while) but it feels like he's been chasing me for 75% of the game. And much like Mr X he's just a nusance. He's not even the real threat. The real threat is running into zombies because you have to keep moving.
Early game if you down him, he'll give you valuable items.

Dont read this if you dont want an enemy type spoiled for you in RE3make.
There a "pale" imitation in the new RE3 game though.
<[analyzed}>

<CerseiPlotting>

Anyone feel this game is as divisiv as the original RE3? Some claim its meh, other claim its bad, others claim its great.

This game might be less replayable than RE2make because of all the cinematic portions of the game. Ill replay it on a harder difficulty in a week or so but RE Resistance for now.

<CerseiPlotting>

Anyone feel this game is as divisiv as the original RE3? Some claim its meh, other claim its bad, others claim its great.

This game might be less replayable than RE2make because of all the cinematic portions of the game. Ill replay it on a harder difficulty in a week or so but RE Resistance for now.
I don't think anybody can call this an objectively bad game. There's plenty working for it, but obviously the length of the game and Nemesis being Mr. X times 1000 isn't for a lot of people.

Man the online really is sucky, you get hit with some micro transaction bullshit, and then each game takes like 5 min to start.

The content is really lacking compared to RE2 tbh. I dont want to start a fresh playthrough right away aswell.

<CerseiPlotting>

I'll wait to finish it before I apply a score but yeah obviously I'm disappointed this far. Maybe that's my own fault for having preconceived notions of what this game would be which is a bigger version of RE2 and that's not what it is. I'm only a short time in but I don't like the small changes they've made and it's much more action focused (which is why everyone turned on this series to begin with, for fucks sake Capcom).

I don't think anybody can call this an objectively bad game. There's plenty working for it, but obviously the length of the game and Nemesis being Mr. X times 1000 isn't for a lot of people.
Not bad, no. I thought Mr X was the worst part of RE2 and as you said Nemesis is just more and much more of the same. I guess I feel stupid since the original Nemesis came up with this mechanic so I should have just expected nothing less.

I'll wait to finish it before I apply a score but yeah obviously I'm disappointed this far. Maybe that's my own fault for having preconceived notions of what this game would be which is a bigger version of RE2 and that's not what it is. I'm only a short time in but I don't like the small changes they've made and it's much more action focused (which is why everyone turned on this series to begin with, for fucks sake Capcom).
Resident Evil have done action well in multiple games imo. That's not what makes or breaks their games. Code Veronica and 0 are way more horror than Resident Evil 4, but I think you'd struggle to find someone who thinks 4 is worse than those games.

Resident Evil have done action well in multiple games imo. That's not what makes or breaks their games. Code Veronica and 0 are way more horror than Resident Evil 4, but I think you'd struggle to find someone who thinks 4 is worse than those games.
I only played 4 once right when it came out on the GameCube and well yes I thought it was a good game I didn't think it was a great Resident Evil game. I like Resident Evil because it's Resident Evil. I never played Resident Evil 1, 2, 3 or code Veronica and thought I wish this was less Resident Evil ish. That's why I think the Resident Evil 1 remake is the best Resident Evil game. I thought the Resident Evil 2 remake was a perfect blend of old Resident Evil with modern mechanics. I don't feel the same way about this game.

Okay makes sense, you didnt play the original. The original is like when RE turned more action packed with more bombastic cutscenes. RE3 is still my fav of the originals even though RE2 had the better "story", music and felt bigger overall, and RE1 had the Spencer Mansion. RE3 was a lean, mean romp with the tightest controls. This remake replicates that but still feel lacking compared to the original.

From what i've read seems like this might have been a little rushed? I'm surprised how quickly it came out after RE2

From what i've read seems like this might have been a little rushed? I'm surprised how quickly it came out after RE2
Whats there in the single player is insanely polished. Its slightly lacking with the zombies but everything else is up from REmake 2. Its just that its missing content and is shorter aswell.

RE3 was the same too but we expected something new to be added to compensate for length.

Whats there in the single player is insanely polished. Its slightly lacking with the zombies but everything else is up from REmake 2. Its just that its missing content and is shorter aswell.

RE3 was the same too but we expected something new to be added to compensate for length.
I will say the lip syncing is off when they talk out of cutscenes, and there's some animations that look a little off. Towards the end of the game in the lab there's a part where Jill gets attacked by Nemesis' tentacle and she's hacking it off, and it just didn't look right to me.

A few more hours in and it's gotten significantly better. I much prefer Nemesis as an occasional boss fight rather than Mr. X 2.0. I still miss the typical RE gameplay loop but for an action game it's decent.

Back