Social Residents in wealthy California town block access to public hot springs with boulders

Back in my home state BLM had to implode my favorite local hot springs because hordes of college kids were causing trouble, using drugs, fighting, people getting stretchered off the mountain, shit like that. That was years ago and it still bums me out. It was so pretty.

3 pools flowing into each other, 3 quarters of a mile up a mountain. It's painful that its gone. Went up there so so so many times and made a lot of memories. I'll miss you skinny dipper 😭
@IdahoCBR join me in weeping for what we've lost
I think I know what highway that's on. I used to live in Missoula, MT for college.

Back in my home state BLM had to implode my favorite local hot springs because hordes of college kids were causing trouble, using drugs, fighting, people getting stretchered off the mountain, shit like that. That was years ago and it still bums me out. It was so pretty.

3 pools flowing into each other, 3 quarters of a mile up a mountain. It's painful that its gone. Went up there so so so many times and made a lot of memories. I'll miss you skinny dipper 😭
@IdahoCBR join me in weeping for what we've lost
Mile marker 4 baby. You will be missed.

Those are supposed to be clear so as to be used for parking. They're deiliberately placing those rocks to block parking and make it harder to access.

Unless your house is worth ~$7 million you're also one of the "poors" they're trying to block.
Someone has to come by with a backhoe and drop those rocks right on the homeowners wood fence. Problem solved and lesson learned.

In Hawaii, I cut through a trail on a guys $30 million dollar estate to access the beach. That guy has a full time security guy on a golf cart to patrol his estate while the beach goers swim. Ocean front resorts have trails through the middle for ocean access. It is what it is.

Localism is a thing. I'm a surfer and when you stray to some areas, you better be OG or know someone. Malibu surfers are famous for slashing tires.

That being said... fuck the locals. They don't own it.
Yep. Telling a yuppie like you he shouldn’t be surfing the breaks would just be a waste of time.

Because the rich assholes who illegally placed them on public land should pay for their removal as opposed to the taxpayers?
I agree but this will just drag on, remove them in the meantime and deal with the rich fuckers in court,

I agree but this will just drag on, remove them in the meantime and deal with the rich fuckers in court,

Yeah but court drags on too.

Keep hitting those rich fucks with fines and inconvenience them.

Someone has to come by with a backhoe and drop those rocks right on the homeowners wood fence. Problem solved and lesson learned.

In Hawaii, I cut through a trail on a guys $30 million dollar estate to access the beach. That guy has a full time security guy on a golf cart to patrol his estate while the beach goers swim. Ocean front resorts have trails through the middle for ocean access. It is what it is.

- A guy here closed the trail to the beach, because him and his friends wanted privacy to "smoke" the meat cigar.

And yes. He and his friends are hilarious homofobes.

You can laugh, but that shit used to happen and still happens in some places. I've been pressed in Hawaii / Maui on multiple occasions just for showing up. I've stopped guys from beating on non-locals from San Diego up to The Cliffs of HB. I've also cracked a few assholes (some were other locals) that think dropping in is alright. It's dangerous on a top to bottom wave like Huntington Beach and if you do it, expect grief. I've had waves hand me my ass because of some dickhead dropped in forcing the wave to close on me while I was in the zone. When you get out of the washing machine and up for air, you're looking for that asshole and words and fists may enter the equation.

My favorite ever was watching a top Water Polo guy (also fine surfer) snatch an asshole right off his board from below like a scene from Jaws and hold him down until he quit struggling. The guy came up grasping for air and then started crying. Making dangerous fucktards leave the water is a time honored tradition dating back to Jose Angel.

Sounds like my town. They had a park that was only open to people who lived there.

Back