RETURNING TO M.M.A. AFTER A LISFRANC INJURY?

zewe2014

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Hi there I'm new here and I have some questions. Has there ever been an athlete who got to return to their sport after a Lisfranc injury? I have read horror storied about Lisfranc injuries ending a persons career, like in the N.F.L. I got my Lisfranc Foot Sprain in February 2015 during a sparring match. My sparring partner stomped on my left foot as hard as he could. I regret training for three months after my injury! I shouldn't of tried to be a superwoman. I miss training in mixed martial arts so bad! Will I ever be able to again? Thank you so much for any answers.

Last edited:
So you're a woman, and a male sparring partner intentially stomped on your ankle in training?

Well the doctor is a bit more qualified to answer your questions. Plus no one knows you pain tollerance better than yourself. Good luck though

Well the doctor is a bit more qualified to answer your questions. Plus no one knows you pain tollerance better than yourself. Good luck though
Thank you for your reply. I hope a Chiropractor can fix me up. I am doing everything I can to return to m.m.a. I love it and miss it more than anything.

Any fighter get to return to fighting after lisfranc foot sprain? I'd like to know thanks.

Any fighter get to return to fighting after lisfranc foot sprain? I'd like to know thanks.
Does it hurt in training? I know MMA fighters sometimes take fights with broken bones in their feet.

I'd consult with a professional.

Thank you for your reply. I hope a Chiropractor can fix me up. I am doing everything I can to return to m.m.a. I love it and miss it more than anything.
Find a good Kinesiologist
Not a “known” one
A “known to be good” Kinesiologist
Seriously a chiropractor won’t do the job you kneed
It’ll be a slow process but you should get there
Good luck!

Find a good Kinesiologist
Not a “known” one
A “known to be good” Kinesiologist
Seriously a chiropractor won’t do the job you kneed
It’ll be a slow process but you should get there
Good luck!
Okay. Thanks for the advice. I'll look into it.

Does it hurt in training? I know MMA fighters sometimes take fights with broken bones in their feet.
It hurts when I walk or stand on it too long. I have custom orthotics made for my feet and have to wear medical shoes for it.

It hurts when I walk or stand on it too long. I have custom orthotics made for my feet and have to wear medical shoes for it.
Sounds like the best plan of action is to work on your Street Fighter 2 Turbo skills while rehabing for however long it takes.

You can’t fight in medical shoes
It hurts because you have inflammation still
You need ultrasound therapy
It will help tremendously with the healing and regeneration process
Also functional taping would help to restrain movement in the vectors that hurt but allowing all other movement so that you don’t get atrophy which you for sure have
Not only muscular but propioceptive (equilibrium)
So lower the pain (US) so you can move, by that I mean lowering the cause of the pain, not the pain itself which you can do by taking painkillers.
If you take painkillers you will be able to move but the inflammation is still there and it will get worse with movement
You need as much movement as possible in order to promote bloodflow.
That’s done with lots of movement at a very low intensity at first
It’ll be months of work but believe me it’s worth it. It will heal correctly and it’ll never bother you again
Good luck!

My guess would be yes you can train and fight again. You said it was sprained? So nothing was fractured or broken? If thats the case definitely so IMO

You can’t fight in medical shoes
It hurts because you have inflammation still
You need ultrasound therapy
It will help tremendously with the healing and regeneration process
Also functional taping would help to restrain movement in the vectors that hurt but allowing all other movement so that you don’t get atrophy which you for sure have
Not only muscular but propioceptive (equilibrium)
So lower the pain (US) so you can move, by that I mean lowering the cause of the pain, not the pain itself which you can do by taking painkillers.
If you take painkillers you will be able to move but the inflammation is still there and it will get worse with movement
You need as much movement as possible in order to promote bloodflow.
That’s done with lots of movement at a very low intensity at first
It’ll be months of work but believe me it’s worth it. It will heal correctly and it’ll never bother you again
Good luck!
Thanks.

Thanks. I can't wait.

i broke the ball joint in my big toe, the "ball" of your foot joint. My large toe got bent backwards way to far during sparring. It took about 1 year to fully heal. I still trained and fought on it and just taped it up during training.

Good luck, Zewe!

So you're a woman, and a male sparring partner intentially stomped on your ankle in training?
I am against female fighting, but stop being so rude! They are women, you must advice them.

Sorry but what does that mean?
kreese1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back