Review: Ring to Cage Winning MS-600 Clones

This was a great discussion. Thanks to the participants.

Also yes, it comes back to me. My bad for "ruining" the thread although I do think it will get back on track in due time. I should get out before drbolony comes back and calls me a "fuckin instigator" or something stupid again.

I blame Cheapshot, he tried to put me against the ropes several times!

Ha! I'm a lightweight, and I've never been accused of putting bigger guys up against the ropes.

Just shows that people can have intelligent conversations on Sherdog, even if they don't agree on all fronts, and each can respect the opinion of the other.

For the record, I will get in the ring with Meisha Tate, any time, anywhere. And I will "hit" her as hard and as long as she wants... Standing, in the guard, taking her back, north-south, being mounted.....

:icon_chee

This was a great discussion. Thanks to the participants.

Also yes, it comes back to me. My bad for "ruining" the thread although I do think it will get back on track in due time. I should get out before drbolony comes back and calls me a "fuckin instigator" or something stupid again.

Fornicating conflict initiator...

wait a minute, what the hell is this thread about again?!?

Okay. Thanks...

Awesome sig BTW... Im gonna eat some ice cream and sabotage my work through the week.

Dude i was drinking a gatorade at the time and i saw that off that one winning review and i shit you not i snorted, choked, and spit gatorade all over my desk. That comment you made was picturesque man. So it was definitely a keeper lol

Dude i was drinking a gatorade at the time and i saw that off that one winning review and i shit you not i snorted, choked, and spit gatorade all over my desk. That comment you made was picturesque man. So it was definitely a keeper lol

LOL. Man I had to say somethin, you dont post that stuff and no pics.

Oh was this an attempt at sarcasm? Oh goodness me... Im taken aback...

Try learning slipping. Learn to close distance and guard or hold. Use foot work. I know you guys dont have the best gyms or fighters down there but try and learn. Watch some American and Cuban fighters.

I compete and have studied several boxers extensively. Do you really think I don't know how to slip or close distance or hold guard? Or, more to the point, do you think the girl who also competes don't know how to do either of these too?

Women of certain training and talent cant perform on the same level as a man of equal training and talent in most sports, especially boxing. Ill take top 5 women 147#s and put em in the ring with Pacquiao and the 5 women will have to be carried out if he didnt hold back. This isnt tennis. No one is meant to be beat up, but women much less so. Your desire to be politically correct and this perversion of gender bending defeats any sense of reason you might have just so you can be fashionable.

I find truth much more "fashionable".

But you see, I'm not Pacquiao and I'm not sparring with them in 8oz? Yes, gender difference matters but I seriously think that extreme examples like these exaggerate the situation too much and don't make much sense. Katie Taylor (Olympic gold medalist) regularly spars hard with Paddy (2 time Olympic bronze medalist) and she does much more than just hold her own? Sure, she's around 5kg bigger but factor in the body fat difference and its nearly the same in terms of muscle quantity etc. This makes this example that much more relevant as Katie and Paddy are amateurs like us (although much better technically of course), are actually using sparring sized gear and she reflects the current level of female boxing much better than any female pro boxer would (in case you haven't noticed, female pro boxing doesn't pay well and the best female athletes stay as amateurs or go for mma etc.). Also, the fact that your situation is purely hypothetical doesn't help that much either.

Swinging on a woman is out of ego. Not swinging is out of love and respect. I held back on the younger guys too for the same reasons(even though that wasnt necessary). Teeing off on em is from ego. Get it straight. Woman are different than men. And thats an awesome, designed thing. If you depersonalize a girl it is because you have been conditioned to do so. Much like we are conditioned as Marines to not kill a man per se but to 'take down a target'. To spell it out for you there is a bit of depravity involved.

And if you want to make an argument that if you hold back it can hurt em in a real fight, Well If I get in the ring with say, Pacquiao , Mathesse, or GGG, I pray to the Almighty they hold back somewhat.

Look. My teammates are the actual ones doing the sparring so I think we know best if we am doing this out of ego or not. I really don't feel proud of myself when I best her- nor do I feel any kind of shame when she catches me with a good shot. I do not depersonalize them either- rather, I am actually acknowledging them as individuals and recognizing their ability. Would I spar Ms boxercise like that? No way. Would I spar someone who is waiting for their boyfriend like that? No way. However, I would increase the intensity of sparring gradually with Ms boxercise if I can tell she is improving and she consents to it and wants to compete.

I think you are exaggerating. The skill gap between me and her (3-1 and 2-1) is way smaller than Pacquiao and you.

Also i did cross check he ships to canada...its just 20 dollars more than whatever you guys are paying for shipping in the States...which would happen to be how much Strato?

What was the total amount added to the cost of the glove to ship to Canada (20$ on the 99 = 120$ ?).

I was going through the purchase via the ringtocage site and the only choices available for me were priority mail which added 40$ on to the cost of the glove, which I think is pretty steep (dont need priority, can wait longer for the glove if it means lower cost :) )

Also have you been in contact with Mohsin via the [email protected] email?

I want these gloves in blue, since I saw how awesome they look from Stratocastrs review :)

Thank you for your help :)

What was the total amount added to the cost of the glove to ship to Canada (20$ on the 99 = 120$ ?).

I was going through the purchase via the ringtocage site and the only choices available for me were priority mail which added 40$ on to the cost of the glove, which I think is pretty steep (dont need priority, can wait longer for the glove if it means lower cost :) )

Also have you been in contact with Mohsin via the [email protected] email?

I want these gloves in blue, since I saw how awesome they look from Stratocastrs review :)

Thank you for your help :)
Yes I've been heavily in contact with mohsin. You should email him directly to work out a shipping cost that is appropriate for you. This is exactly what he told me:

I asked this:
"Hi again,

Sorry for the back to back e-mails but I forgot to mention that I live in Canada so how would we be able to ship and price gear reaching me from where you are to where I am? I have seen canbox.ca for R2C gear but it is not nearly as deep as the true R2C american site. Thanks and have a great day."

His response:
Mohsin said:
We can ship to Canada and it will cost you only $20 more for shipping.

My interpretation is if americans are paying free shipping then it should be 20-25 dollars shipped to Canada depending on whatever little nuances/clauses they have factored in there to raise it above 20. 40 is ridiculous...standard usps is about 26-28 to Canada so why would 40 make any sense you know?

Yeah it's 46 to ship to Aus so Canada shouldn't be $40 unless maybe you did a 2nd day air or something.

Thanks for the info guys, I've contacted mohsin via the [email protected] e-mail and asked about the shipping price.
Was just anxious to get information, want to get these gloves before they go up to 130$ :)

According to Strato they are no long going up in price...which is sweet.

Let me clarify the gloves will move up to $130 but the custom price will also remain at $130.

Oh...Custom is the way to go then since you can get any size, lettering, etc on it and make any alterations you want and pay the same (although lettering is an extra 15)

Back