Reaction score
Before I continue I

354910-100_2908.jpg

354911-100_2909.jpg

354913-100_2910.jpg

354921-100_2911.jpg

354923-100_2912.jpg

354983-100_2913.jpg

the guy who owns vulcan is the younger brother of the guy who owns koral.

the guy who owns vulcan is the younger brother of the guy who owns koral.
I'm not surprised. I hung out with the owner of Koral at ADCC and he told me that him and the owner of Rags are good friends.

btw, how big is bjj in nyc now? Are minorities getting into it now?

btw, how big is bjj in nyc now? Are minorities getting into it now?

Pretty big. I'd say there are more hispanics than any other minority group into BJJ now.

wow things have changed alot since the last time i was in the NY area.. But then again when i was young I would have to listen to "puerto rico~~~~ oooh" 500 times a day :S

oh yea.. and i take full responsibility for jacking your thread... hehehe

thanks great review :)
Looks like a very nice gi for sure.

When did they add the pant leg patch? I love my blue Vulkan <3..

i have it in black

Why is that patch on the leg ILLEGAL?

also ive found it to be an awesome gi. However when someone is playing spider guard with u it stretches the sleaves and feels very baggy sometimes

But still a very lite gi

View attachment 38110

well here is where it is legal to have patches.

Why would Vulkan disqualify there own Gi's to be worn in competitions by placing an extra patch---i dunno

I understand why a lot of people like this gi, it's light and cool and good for competition. Although, I'm not sure I would recommend it if you plan on training in it frequently. A lot of guys bought some from our academy when it first opened up. Most guys had to replace them within less than a year. They just don't seem to hold up, especially the pants.

are the korals legal in the big competitions with there name streaming all the way down the side of the legs?

I narrowed my choice from either owning a Koral or Vulkan. I decided on going with the Koral gi. I'm pretty happy about my decision so far. :)

View attachment 38110

well here is where it is legal to have patches.

Why would Vulkan disqualify there own Gi's to be worn in competitions by placing an extra patch---i dunno

The officials will simply just cut the gi patch with a patch-remover. The pants are illegal. You have to be really really good to get away with shit like that anyways. Jacare's gi is illegal on so many levels but then again.. he's Jacare. I remember people saying how tight-assed the refs were against patches at Pan Ams.

i have it in black

Why is that patch on the leg ILLEGAL?

also ive found it to be an awesome gi. However when someone is playing spider guard with u it stretches the sleaves and feels very baggy sometimes

But still a very lite gi

Gi might be a tad big on you if you have that problem. I had that same issue with my first Koral. It was an A2 and after class the sleeves would go down to my hand. I traded the kimono for an Atama and then ordered an A1 Koral. Never had that problem since.

Back