Review Your Hand Wraps!

I have a pet peeve with wraps that get torn up or dethreaded easily when they mistakenly make contact with velcro. Everlast 180s did this all the time and thats why I stopped using them, like looked like they were growing afros. The TU wraps don't which is a huge plus on top of all the other things I love about them already.

Title Mexican:
really nice, I like them the best (plus they come in pink and purple, rainbow is sold out though:icon_sad:).

Twins non stretchy:
work well, I prefer mexican style though, I definitely prefer these over hayabusa's and the Iron Fists.

Hayabusa:
too stretchy, gets uncomfortable if you wrap them even a little tight.

Title Gel Iron Fist:
absolute crap, way too short, the idea may have worked if they were longer but they're not so they suck.

I suppose I need more mexican style wraps to compare but the Title mexican wraps feel really nice.

winnings knuckle guard, le roys elastic bandage. /thread

Favorite Handwraps In Order:

1. Triumph United: Simply awesome...a little thicker than usual, but still a bit stretchy. They're super durable and the 165'' works because of the thicker than usual design.

2. Everlast 180'': As close to gauze as you can get in a wrap. Not as durable as the TU because they're not as thick, but excellent wraps all-around...conform to your hand perfectly.

Worst Wraps:

Century 180'' 100% Cotton: Bought these when I was just starting out in junior high. Super durable, but you might as well be wrapping cardboard around your hands. Only wraps that actually cut my skin...super stiff. If you wanna break your hands, these are the ones to do it.

Are these the Le Roy's?

Ambra Le Roy Medical Products Online Store

Do you use them just like normal wraps? Can you use them more than once? How long do they last in comparison? How do to attach it?

yeah like normal wraps. they last for about a month or 2. as long as you hand dry them and dont wash them. and it doesnt have a thump attachment or velcro. just tuck it under your wrap at the end.

they're only 2 bucks a pair on ringside. so buy like 10 and you should be good for a year or so.

forgot to review. these are very very thin, strong wraps. very light weight. imo alot more supportive than those thick cotton wraps everyone is used to. im sure its a mixture and something else. best wraps hands down

yeah like normal wraps. they last for about a month or 2. as long as you hand dry them and dont wash them. and it doesnt have a thump attachment or velcro. just tuck it under your wrap at the end.

they're only 2 bucks a pair on ringside. so buy like 10 and you should be good for a year or so.

forgot to review. these are very very thin, strong wraps. very light weight. imo alot more supportive than those thick cotton wraps everyone is used to. im sure its a mixture and something else. best wraps hands down

Yea my dad has a whole heap of in his first aid thing (football coach). Wrapped my hand with them and they felt pretty good, didn't have any problems putting them on tight and having circulation problems either. Feel pretty weird though.

I think after I run through my ringsides I'm going to get a whole bunch of those.

the link thats posted sells them for cheaper. $5 for 10 rolls.

Thai wraps...
TWINS are too thick!
KINGS are nice, solid wraps but velcro isn't the best.
WINDY, good but don't last long
FAIRTEX, same as Kings, cost more.
RAJA, the best I found. Still have my 1st set from 6 years ago (a bit smelly, but good condition)
BOON, haven't tried, but my friends love them.
I hope that helps...

Just give me 180"+ of wide, not-too-thin wraps. Preferably with a wide velcro section as that stuff does a good job of stiffening up the wrist section.

Triumph United Wraps>Ringside wraps
I tried them one on my right hand Ringside on my left and the Triumph wraps feel better and their bigger despite being 165'. Also they look better with that red stripe in the middle.

RenegadeMMA wraps = comfy, but port stitching. The Velcro came apart rather quickly.

e6f33b8e007538dd93999de47b5cdbff.image.264x330.jpg

Konjo handwraps

10$ at my gym. They cost 7.95 on their website.
180" Mexican style.

They are pretty good imo. They last me 3-4 months. The elasticity is fine and it dries real good. The only thing i don't like is how they get loose after about 30 minutes of hitting pads and holding pads. The wraps don't shrink too much after putting it in the washing machine and air drying them. The velcro is nice and holds well. My first pair of these handwraps however, the velcro soft part fell off after a couple weeks and I had to sew it back on lol. These are the only wraps they sell at my gym so I guess they are pretty good. I'd give these wraps a 4/5.

My favorite is the Le Roy handwraps. Individually I think they are far too short though, so i sew two individual wraps together to make a single long le roy handwrap. I really hate all these thick wraps that almost everybody puts out, i think thin is way better.

hey guys, do these wraps have a small strip of velcro , or a full handwrap-width tab? also, are they any good?

title-classic-mexican-hand-wrap
titleboxing_2143_111811619

I have some of these, they have the small strip. They aren't as thick as some of the other brands, but feel pretty good against the skin. I haven't had a chance to torture them yet, so I can't comment on durability.

Looks to be the small strip, I have some non-classic from Title and they have the full width but in the picture they show the thin strip. Better send an email or ask in the titleboxing questions thread.
I have these.

I have some of these, they have the small strip. They aren't as thick as some of the other brands, but feel pretty good against the skin. I haven't had a chance to torture them yet, so I can't comment on durability.

thanks, i just got some everlast ones that have a small strip too and i do not like. one, i'm used to the larger patch that stays in place really well, and two, the velcro piece that is on the wrap is placed to close to the end of the wrap so when i get to the end the velcro only latches on halfway with a big portion of the end piece just dangling off. the softer piece on the wrap either needs to be longer or moved down.

Hayabusa hand wraps

hayabusahandwrap.jpg

I got the black ones that were 5m long, cost me about $10. Not much difference in price variation. Nice and thick as well, the first time they're on it looks like overkill but after a while they're fantastic. Really need to get a good sweat through them a few times before they begin to mold properly to your hands. First time I washed them and let them soak overnight I came back to find the white logo had turned colour from the amount of dye that had run.

The velcro attachment is good, been using it solid for about 4 months now and no deterioration on that. Saying that, I've got a suspicion that they've slightly shrunk over time (due to leaving them in the sun perhaps?) and they're a lot less stretchy.

I started off with basic store bought Everlast ones, then moved on to a national brand called "Punch", those ones were much better but the velcro strap didn't hold properly and started to fall apart.

Definitely a solid buy.

On another note, does anyone else find that the loop attachment that goes over the thumb cuts off circulation to your thumb sometimes?

This is the reason I haven't been using my all that often.

Back