Reyes has zero big wins

crodor3

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
And Jan has fought 34 fights in his career to Reyes 13. That is a huge disparity. I usually consider that a pretty big factor as long as the more experienced guy is not shop worn (I don't think Jan is at all) Odds are askew imo. Jan is the play!

Dude he won against Jon Jones.
well there's that, but consider Jones couldn't finish Smith and may have lost to Thiago also...so that "win" is not all that impressive (or loss if you go by, well, the final score)

well there's that, but consider Jones couldn't finish Smith and may have lost to Thiago also...so that "win" is not all that impressive (or loss if you go by, well, the final score)
But if he had won aginst jones before jones had faced those guys people would still say that jones is washed, thats how the mma community works my dude there are no impressive wins in the end, some fighters just suck more than others

He beat also Volkan who is legit

Did this need it's own thread? Also, Jan's last 3 wins are two middle weights, one who had been out for years was taking his first fight at light heavy weight and notorious for having no chin, the other he went go split decision with after getting pinned to the cage for 90% of the fight and his most recent win is against chinless Bellator 25/8 Corey Anderson

I'd rate beating Jon Jones and Ozdemire over any of those.

I was comfortable with Dom when he was -200 but I procrastinated on making a bet and he’s since gone to -250 and now -286

waiting for props but i’d probably take a stab at Jan by KO or for the fight to not go the distance

Lol Sherdog daily hot takes

how many big wins does Jan have out of those 34 fights?

And Jan has fought 34 fights in his career to Reyes 13. That is a huge disparity. I usually consider that a pretty big factor as long as the more experienced guy is not shop worn (I don't think Jan is at all) Odds are askew imo. Jan is the play!

Are you betting Jan?

Are you betting Jan?
The way I bet is usually parlays so I try to find odds that make sense for low risk high reward. I feel like Reyes should win but I think the odds are off...

I honestly wouldn’t call any of those big wins
Agreed. Reyes doesn't either though but he's a -300 favorite for some reason. Gotta re-watch the fight to refresh my memory but Volkan kinda exposed him tbh, Reyes was getting hurt and ofc also taken down too. Only reason he's lined like this is because of the Jones fight, who doesn't look anything like prime Jones anymore, so I'm not super impressed by that. It's kind of funny that Jan has been an underdog, sometimes a big one, for the past 8 fight just about and he's practically won them all. Always gets disrespected by the bookies for w/e reason but you'd go broke if you faded him everytime.

Agreed. Reyes doesn't either though but he's a -300 favorite for some reason. Gotta re-watch the fight to refresh my memory but Volkan kinda exposed him tbh, Reyes was getting hurt and ofc also taken down too. Only reason he's lined like this is because of the Jones fight, who doesn't look anything like prime Jones anymore, so I'm not super impressed by that. It's kind of funny that Jan has been an underdog, sometimes a big one, for the past 8 fight just about and he's practically won them all. Always gets disrespected by the bookies for w/e reason but you'd go broke if you faded him everytime.
Jan being 37 doesn’t exactly make me want to rush to bet on him vs a superior striker at these odds but yea he’s been a good dog over the years

Back