Ric Flair is the greatest showman/entertainer in Wrestling History

who is the greatest Wrestling entertainer in all of history?

• Ric Flair

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Hulk Hogan

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Macho Man

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Ultimate Warrior

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Stone Cold

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • The Rock

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • someone else? if so who?

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Ravishing Rick Rude

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Iron sheik deserves honorable mention, changed the game when it comes to being a heel

Iron sheik deserves honorable mention, changed the game when it comes to being a heel
I mean for sure the Iranian thing that def had srs heel heat during Iranian revolution...but....he mostly just a crazy old Iranian dude on Howard Stern after that.

Funny guy but not really comparable to these other guys

Last edited:
In his documentary other wrestlers were saying that he brought so much heat with the crowd that they were worried about his safety
yeah but that was a constant thing in the 70s and 80s in the territories. Esp with all these ethnic champs

*Sigh*

Time to post an unpopular opinion again.

If we're talking about mic-skills, then Ric Flair is absolutely one of the greatest ever.

But when it comes to ring work, I've never been particularly impressed aside from he did it for so long. Wrestling into your 60s is something only a few could ever do.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely respect his legacy going all the way back to the 70s & 80s, and he was the blueprint for so many others to follow as far as how to make the masses excited for a match you're promoting.

But he never did anything new since the 70s & 80s. It was the same old shit over and over throughout the 90s & 2000s.

So as far as 'Is he in your top #1 Entertainer in Pro-Wrestling?' He's not even in my top #25.
Besides his retirement match against HBK none of what I'd rank as my Top #100 matches of all time would involve Ric Flair.
Sounds like you came up during Flairs worst years, sorry you missed out on his golden era

Sounds like you came up during Flairs worst years, sorry you missed out on his golden era

Yeah, that's because no wrestlers golden era was in their 50s & 60s.

I will say that wrestling has far more respect for the names of the past than most entertainment mediums. The biggest pops from the crowd is for the biggest names of the attitude era like Steve Austin & The Rock, and that's to be commended.

The original Shiek did it before him.
He did, but their approaches were def different.

The original Sheik was scary, despite being a smaller non imposing guy physically. You believed he was a fuckin psychopath. He also never broke kayfabe in public so he had that mystery to him.

For my entertainment dollar, Flair and Shawn would be my 1 and 1a and which one is which changes day to day.

Back