Ring to Cage C-17 Review

I greatly respect that.

Edit: anything that was said in here can be said about Bill boxing plus 130 can still get you customs of this model.

Last edited:
Thing is $130 will get you custom R2C anything and its free shipping to the US if the order exceeds 99 bucks

Doesn't get near title gel? Are you kidding? users here including me have had both gloves and will tell you that the quality of leather and stitching and protection are better by far. again you don't have these gloves or other gloves from r2c to make comments like those.

I had both, the Title Gel and the C17: C17 is superior in EVERY aspect, including bang for the buck (@$100).

Gus...why you selling Cleto?

Starting to train a bit more strictly for the Master's division and need gloves which weigh closely to 16oz...Trying to come up with money to either get another pair of Winnings or some nice custom work.

BTW, I just got a pair of the R2C Gel Mexican Style gloves with the mesh palms and they are the BEST middle of the road gloves I have ever tried! I believe for the normal guy - non-gear addict - there is no need to look any further!

Sorry for the digression...

Gus i'd buy a lot off you if you didn't always get enormous glove sizes.

Also, strato whats the big difference between mim and mexican style for r2c? Just gel? I'd assume gel = droopy which is why i always avoid.

I had both, the Title Gel and the C17: C17 is superior in EVERY aspect, including bang for the buck (@$100).

Well okay, I guess I stand corrected. I guess the pics just are through the Pakistani-made shit filter then.

I don't think the Mexican gloves have MiM they use layered but also can come equipped with gel.

isnt MiM just IMF? and that's their brand name for it? what I always assumed

Yeah they stand for the same thing and I remember talking to Mohsin about it. Not all injected molds are the same. They had one and then made it better so that way over time they don't break down or bubble. That's what I like. They go back and make sure things are better and better.

Well okay, I guess I stand corrected. I guess the pics just are through the Pakistani-made shit filter then.

Edited because I should be the bigger man lol

Last edited:
I PM'd you Strat about the mexican gloves.

Late to the party, but...
I understand folks who bought 16s want 16s; that makes sense.
I think for other folks this wouldn't be that big of a deal if the padding and protection is there. I have a regular sparring partner who loves his 16oz Rival RS11V Evlolution Sparring gloves. The primary reason is because those gloves at most weight 14oz. I'm fine with him wearing these gloves, they're honestly one of my preferred gloves to be on the receiving end of. Anyways I guess for me the 16oz rule of thumb for sparring gloves is just that, a rule of thumb. 16oz UFC bricks or 12oz Winnings, 12oz Winnings all day. The arguments for the 16oz gloves is the padding and the hand speed. IMHO, if the added weight is at the wrist, you're not doing my face any favors when you hit it. Slowing down the hands is cool, so you can see the punches coming, but some guys will try to make up for the speed by exerting more force to speed up their hands, thereby punching you harder. So 50% power sparring, ends up being you're going 50% and them going 80%. I notice this most with smaller guys and beginners. 100% power sparring is a different story, but honestly how often do you go 100% power. Don't get me wrong, if I had my choice, all my sparring partners would have experience, control, and wearing 16oz Winnings; unfortunately we got guys sparring with 16oz bag gloves that bottom out, you can feel their knuckles through their gloves and think sparring is about hitting the other guy as hard as humanly possible.

From reading this thread, if the padding quality and protection is there, the weight wouldn't bother me. Being able to slip your wrapped hands into the gloves with the thing fully laced up, that kinda sucks. I'm surprised that's not the bigger issue here.

Late to the party, but...
I understand folks who bought 16s want 16s; that makes sense.
I think for other folks this wouldn't be that big of a deal if the padding and protection is there. I have a regular sparring partner who loves his 16oz Rival RS11V Evlolution Sparring gloves. The primary reason is because those gloves at most weight 14oz. I'm fine with him wearing these gloves, they're honestly one of my preferred gloves to be on the receiving end of. Anyways I guess for me the 16oz rule of thumb for sparring gloves is just that, a rule of thumb. 16oz UFC bricks or 12oz Winnings, 12oz Winnings all day. The arguments for the 16oz gloves is the padding and the hand speed. IMHO, if the added weight is at the wrist, you're not doing my face any favors when you hit it. Slowing down the hands is cool, so you can see the punches coming, but some guys will try to make up for the speed by exerting more force to speed up their hands, thereby punching you harder. So 50% power sparring, ends up being you're going 50% and them going 80%. I notice this most with smaller guys and beginners. 100% power sparring is a different story, but honestly how often do you go 100% power. Don't get me wrong, if I had my choice, all my sparring partners would have experience, control, and wearing 16oz Winnings; unfortunately we got guys sparring with 16oz bag gloves that bottom out, you can feel their knuckles through their gloves and think sparring is about hitting the other guy as hard as humanly possible.

From reading this thread, if the padding quality and protection is there, the weight wouldn't bother me. Being able to slip your wrapped hands into the gloves with the thing fully laced up, that kinda sucks. I'm surprised that's not the bigger issue here.

It's actually getting fixed as well :)

In that case I may have to pick up a pair to see what the fuss is all about.
If they can figure out how to get the protection of a 16oz glove in a 8oz weight that will be my "visit other gym" pair. :) "Wow that kid has the quickest hands I've ever seen".

It's actually getting fixed as well :)

Back