Ring to Cage C-17 v2.0

StRatoCastR

Gear Tester/Reviewer
@Brown
Reaction score
What's up guys, today I'm going to do another written review on the Ring to Cage C-17 2.0. A lot of people have been asking, when is it coming out, is it coming out, I heard its an internet myth... pics or this is a lie...Well, what happened to the 1.0?
Here is the 1.0 Review: http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f67/ring-cage-c-17-review-2517097/

[YT]q6LdSbz1vaA[/YT]

You can pick through the thread but basically I praised this glove, at little later we found out that the glove came in under weight by a considerable margin. Luckily, Ring to Cage will exchange out the old version for the new version due to the weight issue.

But that's that not all! The 2.0 Has some "Other" improvements that make the glove way better than the original version of the glove! I'm sure you are dying to read about it, or if you haven't already... checked out the video review.

StRato, just please tell me the improvements before I read on...
Sure. So in a nutshell here are some of the improvements:

Improvements over the 1.0
-Better Wrist support/tension
-More padding on the knuckle area
-True Weight
-Set Price at $99 and staying at 99
-Velcro or Lace-up Configuration
-Improved Liner
-Smaller logo

I ranked the improvements in order from greatest improvement to least impact on the glove itself. Some people complained about the logo, but it never effected the integrity of the glove. So that is why/how I ranked them.

Company is based out of New Jersey, and Moshin is the go to guy regarding any questions Ring to cage. What can I say about this guy? He actually listens to the consumer base. I told him what was wrong with the 1st version and he made improvements as well as for some input on how to make the glove BETTER. Really he could have been lazy and just made the 2nd version a true weight and everyone would have been happy. But he goes above and beyond and really does care about the consumer and just bringing some much needed want/desire to make it BETTER.

Before hitting up the review let me just say the glove is Winning "Inspired" and NOT a direct replica. I feel this "label" will make everyone happy and not offend anyone. We wont call it a clone nor a Japanese Training glove either. It is the C-17, that's it.

The look:
The glove has a wider profile than a Winning, it is slightly more flat as well. The leather is super nice, nice and soft and it has a really nice smell to it. High quality leather, but it lacks a sheen. That doesn't make this leather any less genuine, don't let the lack of sheen fool you. This version of the glove has a much smaller logo on the glove itself. I prefer this smaller version to be completely honest. The cuff is noticeably smaller as well, in the 1st version some people thought the wrist was slightly too big, to include myself. It has been tailored down. The liner is also a noteworthy change, it is really high quality, and I honestly could not tell the difference between Winnings liner and the Ring to Cage other than the color.
Lastly, the Thumb placement will be ideal for MOST thumbs just like Winning. Stellar design.

Double stitched/Stitching is flawless

The Feel:
High Quality Cow Hide Leather, soft the touch, very supple. The padding is nice and soft but not too soft. This version has slightly more padding for even the heaviest of hitters. I guess some people may have bottomed out the 1.0s? Unsure, but this is a very welcome improvement it is pretty much right in line with the amount of padding Winning uses.

These gloves are absent of the dri-max liner, but I love this new liner that these gloves use. The new liner dries quickly and keeps the hands cool. As with all gloves though, that does not mean leave them in your gym bag over night, you need to air these out properly, or use glove dogs.

The thumb is pretty ideal, I feel it mimics Winnings thumb, so it should accommodate short, and long thumbs alike. Super easy to make fist, best thing is these gloves are broken in straight out of the box--pretty sweet.

Performance:
The gloves simply feels amazing. I think everyone that bought the 1.0 feels that way, well these are improved so these will feel even better for those that had the older model. Padding is soft but not overly soft, very protective. I think those that have no experience with these gloves will be shocked on how much shock/absorption these gloves provide.

Like I said on my Winning review I hate when gloves put like 3-4 inches of padding, it doesn't do any good because you lose the feedback on the glove. This glove has the perfect amount of padding and protects really well. I think everyone that buys this or even tries this glove will be 100% happy with the gloves performance.

In sparring: No gripes, no complaints. Padding protects you and the sparring partner REALLY, really well. The gloves wider profile is good for blocking shots, but may be too wide for someone who does minimal infighting and likes to box on the outside. In terms of protection though, these are a definite A+.

On the bag: Very absorbent, very protective, little to no shock. I think those with hand issues on a budget should look into these gloves. Only kicker is these gloves only will come in a 16oz weight, so if you like smaller gloves for the bag, you may want to look into the Deluxe Limited Edition MiM glove.

Pricing:
$99, these unfortunately will NOT be ready for Black Friday, but Mohsin did his best to roll these out ASAP but ensuring it was the best quality and tested/weighed etc.

Weight:
True Weight 16 oz. gloves, weighed in at 16 1/12oz.

Overall:
I will up the original score only because it is so HARD for anyone to get ahold of a glove this good for $99. I mean this glove is truly amazing, and some of you may think Im biased but I assure you I am not. Look at my past reviews and the gloves/gear I recommended and the reactions to people that got the same equipment. I would never rate a product an A+ unless it deserved it. Great Quality gloves at an outstanding price. Customer service is top notch, Those looking to spend no more than $100, this is YOUR glove.

Ordering:
Like I said Mohsin is fulfilling the 1.0 exchanges 1st, and when the 2.0 is ready for roll out they will be posted on Ringtocage.com. I believe the retail rollout will happen before Christmas but maybe earlier.

Score:
98% / A+

For those that do not like to read (

Winning Comparison

zbnm.jpg

rp5i.jpg

83gh.jpg

Winning Liner:

z1fz.jpg

Ring to Cage Liner:

geit.JPG

Man...these reviews are getting fancier and fancier. Now you have video!

Great review. Not my cup of tea, but it seems like a great alternative to Winning Jpn

I'm sorry, I don't see the winning comparison at all. One of my biggest "plusses" with winning is how sleek they are. Same with Bills, I love that about gloves.

Like Roy Jones Jr once said, Choosing a glove is like choosing a bullet. The sleeker and leaner they are, the faster they'll get to your opponent. Big puffy gloves aren't aerodynamic. But other than that, It looks like it's a very solid glove and one of the best you can get for the $100 mark

Like Roy Jones Jr once said, Choosing a glove is like choosing a bullet. The sleeker and leaner they are, the faster they'll get to your opponent.

Of course that assumes you and your opponent are equal in speed to begin with...which is almost never true. However I agree...this glove profile is pretty damn square lol...I probably wouldn't go for it either.

Hey,
Nice review. Would like to try this one out after the one you recommended to me.

Do you know if this will be a regular glove for sale, or a kind of limited stock/edition thing?

It will be a regular stock item but it won't be out for awhile.

I'm sorry, I don't see the winning comparison at all. One of my biggest "plusses" with winning is how sleek they are. Same with Bills, I love that about gloves.

Like Roy Jones Jr once said, Choosing a glove is like choosing a bullet. The sleeker and leaner they are, the faster they'll get to your opponent. Big puffy gloves aren't aerodynamic. But other than that, It looks like it's a very solid glove and one of the best you can get for the $100 mark

GB you are killing me in more ways than one. 1st you didn't watch the video because I stated that it is NOT like winning but it shares certain similarities like the thumb and the liner.

2nd I put this comment in the written review and u missed it as well.
Before hitting up the review let me just say the glove is Winning "Inspired" and NOT a direct replica. I feel this "label" will make everyone happy and not offend anyone. We wont call it a clone nor a Japanese Training glove either. It is the C-17, that's it.

I don't know how YOU missed this so I should be the one that should be sorry.

Of course that assumes you and your opponent are equal in speed to begin with...which is almost never true. However I agree...this glove profile is pretty damn square lol...I probably wouldn't go for it either.

Judging a book by its cover is one of the worst things a person can do my friend.

I'm not judging a book by its cover. I'm making an observation. I won't pay for it if my observation makes me hesitant. If someone handed it to me to try it, I wouldn't refuse. That's the difference. Rather simple. Being told not to judge a book by its cover doesn't really work as an argument when your money is being asked for by a product. If it looks like a square mercedes and drives like a lamborghini...but I don't like the shape of the square mercedes...I'm not buying it...doesn't mean I won't take it for a test drive if given the chance :D

GB you are killing me in more ways than one. 1st you didn't watch the video because I stated that it is NOT like winning but it shares certain similarities like the thumb and the liner.

2nd I put this comment in the written review and u missed it as well.

I don't know how YOU missed this so I should be the one that should be sorry.

I never said you were wrong, I was just agreeing with you. chill

I'm not mad but you made it seem like I said something that's all

I'm not judging a book by its cover. I'm making an observation. I won't pay for it if my observation makes me hesitant. If someone handed it to me to try it, I wouldn't refuse. That's the difference. Rather simple. Being told not to judge a book by its cover doesn't really work as an argument when your money is being asked for by a product. If it looks like a square mercedes and drives like a lamborghini...but I don't like the shape of the square mercedes...I'm not buying it...doesn't mean I won't take it for a test drive if given the chance :D

Unlike your winning though these would fit your hands properly!

Nawh you were 100% on the spot. I love those video reviews man, too cool.

Just noticed the video. you're getting good at this strat. Your video reviews are better than the rate this gear guy.

Cool man glad u like them! I plan on doing more don't u worry

I haven't watched all his stuff but the guy is good on what I did see. I've seen about 4 videos.

Back