Ring to cage c17 or sabas supersoft 2.0

Can you estimate how many rounds your most used RT-41s have been through for bagwork? And has there been any significant changes to the padding over time compared to day 1?

I have a pair of stock 12oz RT41 velcro on the way and am excited to personally feel how they compare to its "Winning inspired" relatives, and Winning itself.

Being a heavyweight for over a decade, I have grown to favor protective models.
No man im too far into these gloves to guess the rounds of bagwork alone. I use them for bagwork more than anything.

The foam feels great though, it was soft to begin with and the foams broken in some, i can open my hand a little more now but its nothing drastic. These are gonna last me years.

These arent like any other Winning gloves ive used though. The foam had aspects of Winning but the extra layer makes a huge difference. They're similar in the sense that they're made for protection and they're multi purpose but they're different because theses protect better than anything else that ive used on the market and Winnings themselves are protective as hell.

The thumb on a Winning is better and the overall shape is as well. That's not to say the RT thumb is bad though, no way. Its very comfortable i just like the curve of a Winning thumb. Idk how big your hands are but if a 12oz Winning glove fits you fine then these should too. If you're a heavyweight i probably would have used a 14oz+ but thats bc of the size of your hand not bc of the protection. A 12oz RT should protect better than an 18oz or 20oz C17 and should feel about the same or better than a 14oz Winning.

No man im too far into these gloves to guess the rounds of bagwork alone. I use them for bagwork more than anything.

The foam feels great though, it was soft to begin with and the foams broken in some, i can open my hand a little more now but its nothing drastic. These are gonna last me years.

These arent like any other Winning gloves ive used though. The foam had aspects of Winning but the extra layer makes a huge difference. They're similar in the sense that they're made for protection and they're multi purpose but they're different because theses protect better than anything else that ive used on the market and Winnings themselves are protective as hell.

The thumb on a Winning is better and the overall shape is as well. That's not to say the RT thumb is bad though, no way. Its very comfortable i just like the curve of a Winning thumb. Idk how big your hands are but if a 12oz Winning glove fits you fine then these should too. If you're a heavyweight i probably would have used a 14oz+ but thats bc of the size of your hand not bc of the protection. A 12oz RT should protect better than an 18oz or 20oz C17 and should feel about the same or better than a 14oz Winning.

That's great to hear. I can't wait.

The 12oz Winnings were a little tight at first, but it only took a few rounds of use before breaking in nice. The 10oz Winning (pro fight gloves) fit much better from the box, which isn't surprising since it's a fight glove.

That's great to hear. I can't wait.

The 12oz Winnings were a little tight at first, but it only took a few rounds of use before breaking in nice. The 10oz Winning (pro fight gloves) fit much better from the box, which isn't surprising since it's a fight glove.
Let us know how the 12oz. gloves are. I didn't like the 16oz pair because they felt too padded for me. But if the 12oz provide more feedback, I may have to try them eventually...

@rmphilmacrac have you tried the 12oz pair?

So, to get back to the original question:

Sabas Supersoft or R2C C17's?

I'm wondering the same thing, in velcro though.

Neither of those gloves lasted very long for me. So between the two, I'd get the cheaper pair. I was just answering the question posed.

The only thing I didn't like about the Sabas gloves was the lack of durability. Incidentally, this was also what I did not like about the C-17s. The durability between the two seems comparable, though.

Last edited:
Neither of those gloves lasted very long for me. So between the two, I'd get the cheaper pair. I was just answering the question posed.

The only thing I didn't like about the Sabas gloves was the lack of durability. Incidentally, this was also what I did not like about the C-17s. The durability between the two seems comparable, though.

So what's in your current rotation, if I might ask?

So what's in your current rotation, if I might ask?
Sure.

Currently using Cleto Reyes training gloves, a pair of Zeus gloves (I use these the most on the bag), and a pair of bag mitts. I use TU DAs for sparring. All gloves with the exception of the mitts are 16oz. The Reyes and Zeus actually weigh a bit more than 16oz.

Last edited:
What's the better choice between those in this 2020?
I have proseries and so far i am satisfied. I would probably pick supersoft

What's the better choice between those in this 2020?
I have proseries and so far i am satisfied. I would probably pick supersoft
I like the Pro Series better than the C17, I've not tried the Super Soft.

Sure.

Currently using Cleto Reyes training gloves, a pair of Zeus gloves (I use these the most on the bag), and a pair of bag mitts. I use TU DAs for sparring. All gloves with the exception of the mitts are 16oz. The Reyes and Zeus actually weigh a bit more than 16oz.
Bro, Hans from Triumph United said they are bringing back the lace up Death Adders in different colors. Super stoked, those gloves are amazing and great for sparring

I like the Pro Series better than the C17, I've not tried the Super Soft.
Yes, I like the pro-series as well! I had been using Winnings for many years but by some fluke chance I got some pro-series and the performance and feedback when training or sparring is just amazing! But the lining inside is tearing slightly...

Yes, I like the pro-series as well! I had been using Winnings for many years but by some fluke chance I got some pro-series and the performance and feedback when training or sparring is just amazing! But the lining inside is tearing slightly...
yeah the lining they use for it is a bit flimsy, the C17 material is much more robust

I ended up buying sabas supersoft. Can't wait to try them out.
Still have sabas proseries and they are great, my go to gloves so far.

Last edited:
I have both gloves.
The C17 are great but craftsmanship is lacking. One cuff a a bit longer than the other. lol. A bit too soft for my taste.
Sabas gloves look and feel highend. Better support, better quality. Craftsmanship is on par with Thai brands.

Back