Ringo Starr - great drummer, gets shat on too much

Drain Bamage

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Tired of ppl shitting on Ringo

Dude served songs very well a nd had some great drum parts

Come Togethers sound is in large part to the way he plays the drums on that song

Super musical drummer

Best songs

A Little Help From Our Friends
Yellow Submarine
I wanna be your man

Octopus Garden is ok but not my cup of tea

I got blisters on me fingers !

Despite being 2/4 of the Beatles, Paul chose other drummers instead of joining back up with Ringo. That should tell you all you need to know.

He's a decent lounge drummer. He is possibly the worst drummer or musician to have reached such great heights. I can only imagine that they left him on the roster because of loyalty as a founder and contractual obligations

I'll try to stop shitting on Ringo so much.

Fun fact: Ringo was in the Beatles because Pete Best was too good looking

Last edited:
Ringo was great. He played a bunch with the guys from The Band and was just as good as Levon Helm imo. Peter Criss is the worst drummer to reach those heights. Eric Carr the 2nd drummer died and KISS nearly broke up for real that should tell you all you need to know. Gene Simmons is also the worst bass player to reach those heights. Anton Fig played bass on all the good bass songs from Dynasty and from their 80's albums. That should tell you all you need to know.

I'm not a Beatles nerd, is he getting shit cause his work rate was not up to snuff for some music dorkvomits - despite him actually making money and producing memorable work - or did he actually do something bad?

Best songs

Yellow Submarine
I wanna be your man

Despite being 2/4 of the Beatles, Paul chose other drummers instead of joining back up with Ringo. That should tell you all you need to know.

That and not wanting to pay Ringo style money for what is essentially a session drummer on solo projects.

Being in one of the greatest bands of all time isnt doing him any favors. He is decent, but nothing exceptional. That's probably why he gets shat on. Same with Lars from Metallica.

Best songs

Yellow Submarine
I wanna be your man

Paul wasn't even a bassist. He became the bass player because the other members couldn't play it worth a damn and they needed someone to play bass after the original bassist left. He was also the best drummer, best guitarist, best singer and best pianist/keyboardist in the band. That's not a knock on the other guys. It's just true.

Paul wasn't even a bassist. He became the bass player because the other members couldn't play it worth a damn and they needed someone to play bass after the original bassist left. He was also the best drummer, best guitarist, best singer and best pianist/keyboardist in the band. That's not a knock on the other guys. It's just true.

I agree. Paul was the best one imo

Lol. Ringo wasn't even best drummer in Beatles . Cool guy tho he just was at right place at right time in life.

Rock and roll isn't about being the best technical musician anyway.

{<redford}

And I'm a big fan of John. HUGE icon for a reason, great songwriter and overall talent, but there's levels to this shit.

Paul played multiple instruments like you said and he was the best singer imo although early Beatles John was just as good but he couldn't sing that well for that long of a period of time. John is always credited to be the best Beatle but I liked Paul's songs more along with his voice.

Funny enough Paul isn't really Paul but James.

He was great in Caveman.

tumblr_nc0txwcTfe1qedb29o2_500.gifv

He was a good fit, he was the cheeky guy that the girls went bonkers for. Plenty good enough to get the job done.

Back