Ringo Starr - great drummer, gets shat on too much

I like this song

Most overrated drummer ever, no way around it. He eventually became a good drummer though, so props to him for that. Blows my mind that amazing drummers like Portnoy say Ringo's one of the best ever, and he's a fanboy. Always seems weird to me. Finding a good drummer can be hard, but there are so many session guys who just write better and are technically better idk how Ringo even makes the top 100 all time.

Tommy Lee is the guy who reached the biggest height with the biggest lack of drumming skills.

I saw video of him failing to understand basic music theory in the early 2000s Cant read music, doesnt know what a time signature is just goes by feel. Motley Crue has been beyond terrible live since day one.

Ringo was better than Paul on drums GTFOH. <45>

Name me a song Paul drums better than Ringo's work (Rain, A Day in the Life, The End), what have you.

"Not even the best drummer in the Beatles" was just a joke. John being John.

Read the respect Ringo gets from his peers (Phil Collins etc) regarding Ringo's ability.

Yeah he was good. Although it can sound kinda dated, I really like his early stuff with the anxious jittery hi-hat. He is not like Peter Criss, who legit is the so-so drummer who got lucky

Gene Krupa is someone I think of as a great drummer but imagine him in Motley Crue? It makes no sense. Or imagine Gene in his 60s in place of Ringo in the Beatles.

Tommy Lee and Ringo are more like actors playing the roles of drummers in a theatrical performance. They were perfect for their roles.

How good an actor playing the role of a solider in a war movie is at target shooting is not relevant either.

Tommy Lee is the guy who reached the biggest height with the biggest lack of drumming skills.

I saw video of him failing to understand basic music theory in the early 2000s Cant read music, doesnt know what a time signature is just goes by feel. Motley Crue has been beyond terrible live since day one.

Rumor has it that's Ringo's thing.

Crue at least have Mick Mars, a legit guitarist, still soldiering on despite basically having a solid spine. I've seen footage of them with Vince completely unable to sing Kickstart My Heart. The backing singers and the rest of the band are giving it their all, and Vince is all "huh huh yeah grunt" like some third rate James Brown impressionist.

Ringo? Unspectacular, but he always knew how to play in time and keep the rhythm. Was he Neil Peart, Max Roach, Tony Williams or Buddy Rich? Fuck no, but they didn't need that.

Tired of ppl shitting on Ringo

Dude served songs very well a nd had some great drum parts

Come Togethers sound is in large part to the way he plays the drums on that song

Super musical drummer
Ok why did he get banned?

Back