News UFC-pioneer Art Jimmerson passed away, aged 60

Just last week at breakfast my dad and I were talking about how far the UFC and MMA have come since UFC 1. Then he brought up, "remember that guy with the one glove on who fought Royce?" We laughed and I said Art 'One Glove' Jimmerson and we chuckled and talked about how wild it was back then.

RIP Art thanks for contributing to this sport we love so much.

One Glove Bless.

RIP to a true pioneer of the sport.

dl-beatsnoop-com-3000-g0-V5-Xc-Puaz.jpg

I'll never understand the logic behind wearing the glove, but respect to him for being one of the firsts to step into the octagon.

Rest well, Art.

Sorry to hear. His wearing one boxing glove, just added to the circus atmosphere of UFC 1. For those of us who have been watching long enough, to have seen most of these early fights as they happened, is really special. Amazing how much the sport has grown! I have an autographed picture of Art from his fight with Gracie. Could be a collecter piece now, might be time to sell it. R.I.P

they had him and other legends like Dan Severn at one of GSP's fights years back? and they were talking about all their experiences, it was great that UFC did that, I wish they got some of the old legends more involved (like they did with Mark Coleman recently) they deserve that.
las-vegas-nevada-ufc-legends-dan-severn-and-art-jimmerson-interact-with-fans-during-a-q-a.jpg
👍

RIP

Everyone keeps dying younger yet they talk about the elderly not dying early and straining the health systems smh

Coincidence he dies a few weeks before the UFC releases their new gloves? I think not

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wavemeter
Back