RIP Branko "The Tiger" Cikatic

The Penetrator

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Im informing you guys that one of the legendary Croatian fighters, Branko "The Tiger" Cikatic, winner of the very firs K-1 Grand Prix, has passed away.

He was struggling with various illnesses since 2018, also being diagnosed with Parkinsons disease.

He was 65.

Rest in peace Tiger!

Last edited:
I read today that he started with football (soccer in US), but was considered to weak for that sport, so he quit.

And once upon a time he was bigger then Chuck Norris

1989 - The most popular fighter in the world of martial arts - award "Golden glove" by Karate BUDO Magazine Germany
1. Branko Cikatić
2. Cloude Van Damme
3. Chuck Norris

Source http://www.bcikatic.htnet.hr/sport-eng.htm

Last edited:
RIP! Some years ago I posted his social case here as a fundraiser, his beautiful daughter was desperate. Condolences to his family, hoping God will have mercy on Branko and on his beloved ones also!

He was indeed a legend.

90631363_206670990674101_2892085613958266880_n.jpg

Sadly, the former champion had health issues in recent years. It was reported last year Cikatic contracted “serious bacteria” after he was hospitalized for a pulmonary embolism (blocked blood vessel in the lungs). Cikatic also suffered from serious ulcers after being hospitalized. With high medical expenses, the Cikatic family began raising money online to help the former champion.

Kickboxing Z

“After a long illness, my friend and fighter Branko Cikatic R.I.P. became European and World Champion and the first K-1 winner in Tokyo in 1993.I wish his wife Ivana and kids Lucia and Bruno a lot of strength.My heart is crying!Osu,” Thom Harinck tweeted (translated).

Cattle die, kinsmen die, you and I will die the same.
I know one thing that never dies, the reputation of a dead man's deeds.

RIP Legend

I just saw that on youtube, and came here to see if there was thread about it... always sad to see one of your idols pass away, he was such a badass.
Chakuriki style

Not the nicest guy in sports history but he is nevertheless a part of kickboxing history.

RIP in peace.

Back