RIP Branko "The Tiger" Cikatic

Honest question, how good was he? I only saw him in the later years. Every match I saw he was doing really dirty moves.

First k1 GP winner is a hell of an accomplishment. RIP

Honest question, how good was he? I only saw him in the later years. Every match I saw he was doing really dirty moves.

First k1 GP winner is a hell of an accomplishment. RIP
Knocked Hoost out twice, when Ernesto was close to 30 years old. Otherwise he started to lose after but in his prime a tough, tough opponent.

I remember I used to like Cikatic and Hug.

Some of the biggest Romanian promotions paying tribute to him; no word from Glory but they are uploading K-1 videos with Mark Hunt and Badr Hari (copyright)

gHYSo1s.jpg

TDRqyjU.jpg

Knocked Hoost out twice, when Ernesto was close to 30 years old. Otherwise he started to lose after but in his prime a tough, tough opponent.

Wow, twice? I know he did in the final round of the first GP but I didn't know he didn't a 2nd time.

If I'm not wrong Hoost was out pointing and looking much better than Branko in both fights, then Cikatic touched him once and it was lights out. Could have been a bit of a punchers's luck or style thing against Hoost, or maybe Hoost's defense was not yet that great. On the other hand Branko did this when he was 38-39 years old.

In either case, to beat Hoost twice like that is an honor we reserve for only the very best kickboxers of all time, like Bob Sapp

His boxing is really good, seems talented! Must add power though and develop ASAP.

He was an icon and very popular, too. May he rest in peace.

he was known the dirtiest fighter in k-1 history
elbowing the spine, etc. not sure what kind of legacy he left behind.

Dude must have had some serious power behind punches. He touched people and they went to sleep.

Both knockouts against hoost still seem so unreal.

In either case, to beat Hoost twice like that is an honor we reserve for only the very best kickboxers of all time, like Bob Sapp[/QUOTE]
Great line! :))))))))))))))))))))))))

Im informing you guys that one of the legendary Croatian fighters, Branko "The Tiger" Cikatic, winner of the very firs K-1 Grand Prix, has passed away.

He was struggling with various illnesses since 2018, also being diagnosed with Parkinsons disease.

He was 65.

Rest in peace Tiger!

Thanks for the information, He was a tough old tank

If I'm not wrong Hoost was out pointing and looking much better than Branko in both fights, then Cikatic touched him once and it was lights out. Could have been a bit of a punchers's luck or style thing against Hoost, or maybe Hoost's defense was not yet that great. On the other hand Branko did this when he was 38-39 years old.

In either case, to beat Hoost twice like that is an honor we reserve for only the very best kickboxers of all time, like Bob Sapp

<[analyzed}>

Back