RIP New Jack

DoctorDeelon

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Died of a heart attack at 58. Some people will say he was retarded and a disgrace to the business, and I think there's validity to that opinion. But I loved him as a kid watching ECW and those promos he cut were hilarious, especially him shouting out OJ Simpson.

Probably the most shocked by a wrestling death I’ve been in a while. RIP to the maniac.

RIP to that crazy MFer. I remember seeking out his crazy ECW clips back when Napster was a thing and being blown away at the insanity.

Hardcore TV always aired late here on Saturday nights (sometimes at 2am). It was hard staying awake sometimes but hearing Natural Born Killers hit always put me in mark mode no matter what. RIP.

The most shocking part is not that he died but that it wasn't a drug overdose.

Welllllllll a heart attack immediately after drugs is a leading cause of death. It’s not like he was a heroine user to go out quietly. And the shit he did didn’t do him any favors about his heart even if he wasn’t snoring a line just before. Piper was sober but died of stress and years of living hard and heavy.

And Austin.

New Jack promos in SMW are legend. He needed a dude like Cornette to keep him somewhat in line instead of Heyman just letting him go do what he wanted.

Dude was fucking wild. I was a bit surprised he made it to 58. Off he goes to find Mass Transit and give him one last off-the-Muta-scale blade job.

He was always worth watching, for shock value if nothing else. Whilst he definitely pulled some stunts that might be classed as ill-advised (or borderline fucking criminal, to be more realistic), it sounds like he wasn't quite the madman his public image would have you believe.

New Jack promos in SMW are legend. He needed a dude like Cornette to keep him somewhat in line instead of Heyman just letting him go do what he wanted.

Shoutout to my homeboy OJ Simpson.

That promo was phenominal. He couldn't wrestle but his promos were awesome.

He definitely went too far at times but I'll always be a fan of the Original Gangsta.

Shocked he made it to 58. That is ancient for wrestlers and for a guy like him he should've died years ago. I was never a fan. I can dig hardcore wrestling, but it has to be done right. People like the Dudleys, Sabu, Mick Foley etc did it right where they would use weapons and take crazy bumps, but they would actually have a match. The whole thing where the match is entirely just weapons was kind of stupid to me. Granted I haven't seen a whole lot of New Jack's matches, but what I did see didn't seem very interesting. RIP to that crazy MFer nonetheless.

Watching Paul Heyman talk about New Jack was pretty rough.

Last edited:
Back