RIP Sherbro Gregolian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m simply amazed how having an online presence can have such a profound impact on peoples lives. People like to maintain that there’s a disconnect between real life and “words on a screen” but I don’t think that’s real. You can form lasting bonds with people online and this is evidence of that. They’ll mourn you when you’re no longer with us. We’re connected by this place. Anyhow, that’s my two cents as someone who had very limited interactions with Greg but got to witness the outpouring of love in this thread.

Yup, you see it in action occasionally when people get banned and when they’re gone their friends e-suicide or quit or whatever out of solidarity. The relationships people make here can be really meaningful.

Do you know if there’s an official obituary listed for him? Or a place for donations for either his family or a charity in his name? A lot of us have been asking about that.

Thanks for the input that his family isn’t ready for an outpouring of sympathies from all of us online who loved Greg. There will probably be a good number of us sending you messages with what we’d want to say for our friend. For them when they’re ready. I can’t imagine what they’re going through.

And if the Mods here gonna represents us to collect said donation, I'm in.

Still can't believe that this is happening. @Gregolian is without a doubt one of the best dudes in this place.

This is fucking sad. I remember Greg being one of the nicest dudes in the plat forums before they became very inactive. Football, guns, video games... and MMA of course.

Shit like this really puts the silly things we argue about on this site in perspective.

If I wasn't sober I'd have a drink in his memory. I'll pour one out for @Gregolian

This is incredibly sad. He was a young man. I remember him well from the WEAYDN threads and from posting pics of his dog, Chester, and posting pics of himself w/ guns. RIP

Hey guys, sorry again I have been slow on checking messages and posting in the forum. I have been working to help make sure Gregs parents are taken care of and get what they need. I visited with them for a while Sunday, they are handling this to the best of their ability. Also, on a note that I know Greg is stoked about because his mom was poking around on his computer I handled his browser history for him! I have attached the link to his obituary below as I got the go ahead from his dad to post it. I appreciate all the kind words you all have shared and PMd me. I will be passing these to his parents so they can know the wider impact Greg had on folks.

https://www.lindquistmortuary.com/obituaries/gregory-phancenek

Hey guys, sorry again I have been slow on checking messages and posting in the forum. I have been working to help make sure Gregs parents are taken care of and get what they need. I visited with them for a while Sunday, they are handling this to the best of their ability. Also, on a note that I know Greg is stoked about because his mom was poking around on his computer I handled his browser history for him! I have attached the link to his obituary below as I got the go ahead from his dad to post it. I appreciate all the kind words you all have shared and PMd me. I will be passing these to his parents so they can know the wider impact Greg had on folks.

Any more on cause of death? Given his age it's just stunning.

Thanks for taking the time to reply/update us here, man. It is appreciated.

Also, that's a solid on the browser history. TY from Greg on that one. lol

RIP Greg

Godspeed

Thanks very much Vader. Beautiful reading about his life and passions. I'm sorry for your loss. Every awful thing has a positive side - even if we can't see it for a long time. You are honoring Gregs spirit and becoming closer to his family. Bless you.

Hey guys, so sorry to drop a bomb like this and then walk away and not come back to check in on this thread.

My life is completely fucked right now, totally upside down and I am scrambling to get my shit together.

I will read through the thread and see if there is anything I need to respond to. I didn't realize how busy this thread would become. My apologies.

Hey guys, so sorry to drop a bomb like this and then walk away and not come back to check in on this thread.

My life is completely fucked right now, totally upside down and I am scrambling to get my shit together.

I will read through the thread and see if there is anything I need to respond to. I didn't realize how busy this thread would become. My apologies.
It happens man, sorry your life is upside down. Thanks for letting us know about Greg. Your information was sadly correct. It gave us a starting point to confirm.

The comments in this thread warm my heart and wet my eyes.

Panda was what we all called him because of his gamertag.

Panda was one of the guys I just absolutely loved to game with, be in a party with, and joke around with. He was one of the guys that loved to poke fun at me, and smack-talk me, and I always had laughs whenever I was chatting with him. Countless hours struggling through raids, probably about 7 years of steady gaming with him. We both love firearms and have to same taste in women, the list goes on.

We decided (Our Clan) to keep his accounts in all the different various chats that we have going across various platforms.

We have a small group chat on instagram where we share our favorite instagram models, and almost every time I share to that group these days I think "Panda would love this one".

It's really so sad. To see the people in this thread pouring out their thoughts and sharing their experiences was something I personally cherish.

The picture that was captured from facebook is from another clan member, I won't say his name here for privacy. I have reached out to him to see if there is anything he would like me to say, but I think the thread ties up fairly tight: He passed away in his sleep, unexpectedly, far too young.

Truly our loss. I miss him all the time, which sounds strange considering we never got to even shake hands, but the crowd here understands the bonds you can build over years of gaming or online interaction.

I used to spend a lot of time on this board but things are so different for me now, I don't want to get into my stuff in this thread but suffice it to say that I am really sorry for coming in here and then not following up. Thanks to Vader Orlag for posting the obituary page. I've shared this thread with our clan in our clan chat, and also shared the link to the Obituary.

The comments in this thread warm my heart and wet my eyes.

Panda was what we all called him because of his gamertag.

Panda was one of the guys I just absolutely loved to game with, be in a party with, and joke around with. He was one of the guys that loved to poke fun at me, and smack-talk me, and I always had laughs whenever I was chatting with him. Countless hours struggling through raids, probably about 7 years of steady gaming with him. We both love firearms and have to same taste in women, the list goes on.

We decided (Our Clan) to keep his accounts in all the different various chats that we have going across various platforms.

We have a small group chat on instagram where we share our favorite instagram models, and almost every time I share to that group these days I think "Panda would love this one".

It's really so sad. To see the people in this thread pouring out their thoughts and sharing their experiences was something I personally cherish.

The picture that was captured from facebook is from another clan member, I won't say his name here for privacy. I have reached out to him to see if there is anything he would like me to say, but I think the thread ties up fairly tight: He passed away in his sleep, unexpectedly, far too young.

Truly our loss. I miss him all the time, which sounds strange considering we never got to even shake hands, but the crowd here understands the bonds you can build over years of gaming or online interaction.

I used to spend a lot of time on this board but things are so different for me now, I don't want to get into my stuff in this thread but suffice it to say that I am really sorry for coming in here and then not following up. Thanks to Vader Orlag for posting the obituary page. I've shared this thread with our clan in our clan chat, and also shared the link to the Obituary.
I just finished the Anime Greg and I started watching at the same time. Final episode of the first season came out on Saturday. It was a great ending that Greg would have loved. I hope he got to see it up there.
It's really amazing to see what an impact Greg had on everyone's lives.

The saddest part of this for me is that Gregolian never even got to finish building his dream PC. He was so close to finishing it and then he is taken away. He's probably playing on his 4090 RTX Ti in Heaven right now, though.

I’m sorrry to see a quality sherdogger poster that has been taking away from this world. :( I’m too new to have know him but every human lost is terrible. Rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back