rival gloves

Yes but who would want to spar in such gloves? They should make them with proper wrist support like the laceups

Yeah exactly

but they dont seem to improve their gloves.

And I have never seen anyone wear the velcro gloves lol Everybody with Winning's put on the lace ups for sparring.

However, for convenience, they must develop their wrist support indeed

Yeah exactly

but they dont seem to improve their gloves.

And I have never seen anyone wear the velcro gloves lol Everybody with Winning's put on the lace ups for sparring.

However, for convenience, they must develop their wrist support indeed
I am not a pro or amateur we call it white collar here in UK but no one in any of the gyms I have been at wear lace up gloves I do occasionally but its really uncommon to extent you feel awkward

I am not a pro or amateur we call it white collar here in UK but no one in any of the gyms I have been at wear lace up gloves I do occasionally but its really uncommon to extent you feel awkward

Really? That is interesting

we Koreans think of lace ups as awesome in terms of appearance and safeness.

We think that lace ups look much better than velcros lol

so they have Lace N Loop converters with them and love to spar with those pairs on

I have two pairs of the converters and prefer lace ups too haha

Last edited:
Yes I have the lace n loops as well but find myself mainly using my topboxer not winning

Yes I have the lace n loops as well but find myself mainly using my topboxer not winning

All I have is TopBoxer IMF gloves, Alien gloves, Mexican style gloves and TopBoxer sparring set; customised facesaver, 16oz customised gloves, customised boxing shoes and a groin guard.

I prefer TB to Winning, too

It’s a close call but I still favour the RB80. The RB2 gives really nice pop on the heavy bag which I like very much but the RB80 is a real bangers glove, I use them almost daily and I feel like I can hit the bag a long and as hard as I like with no knuckle or wrist pain. It will take something very special to knock them out of my training bag. Rival have also just released the 2.0 version of the RB1 though so I may do a review of them if people want it.

It’s a close call but I still favour the RB80. The RB2 gives really nice pop on the heavy bag which I like very much but the RB80 is a real bangers glove, I use them almost daily and I feel like I can hit the bag a long and as hard as I like with no knuckle or wrist pain. It will take something very special to knock them out of my training bag. Rival have also just released the 2.0 version of the RB1 though so I may do a review of them if people want it.

Just bought the RB80 today. I am surprise on how compact they are. They appear to be very protective. Also very well made. Usually with Rival golves, I always tell the employee to get me 3 pairs so I can select 2 good gloves. This time, the pair I got had no QC issue at all. Same with the RB2 2.0 that I tried.

Just bought the RB80 today. I am surprise on how compact they are. They appear to be very protective. Also very well made. Usually with Rival golves, I always tell the employee to get me 3 pairs so I can select 2 good gloves. This time, the pair I got had no QC issue at all. Same with the RB2 2.0 that I tried.

Awesome! It'd be great if you could report back after you've put in a few rounds. I've got my eye on them at the moment. I'm not in a position to personally select the pair I get, though! They'll probably send me a pair someone like you declined to purchase. ;)

Awesome! It'd be great if you could report back after you've put in a few rounds. I've got my eye on them at the moment. I'm not in a position to personally select the pair I get, though! They'll probably send me a pair someone like you declined to purchase. ;)

Will do for sure. I got the marine green ones. They look pimp lol

I have the RB2 bag glove ("1.0"), essentially the exact same glove, just the original version with real leather. Holding up quite nice after almost 3 years, slowly rotating them out now though.

Because of the density of the layered padding (these are specifically bag only), it takes time to break these in, but once they break in, it's literally like an extension of your hand. Any knuckle pain will instantly vanish.

How much sleeker is the RB80, and is the hand department more narrow/snug?

The RB80 is actually slightly bulkier than the RB2. It weighs a little more at the same size and looks about quarter of an inch wider across than the RB2.The padding is slightly thicker to my eye than the RB2 also. Both amazing gloves though.

The RB80 is actually slightly bulkier than the RB2. It weighs a little more at the same size and looks about quarter of an inch wider across than the RB2.The padding is slightly thicker to my eye than the RB2 also. Both amazing gloves though.

I find the RB80 to be a bit narrower then the RB2 on the outside and inside as well. I got the XL, dont know if its different with other sizes. So far I like them a lot. They just dont pop on the bag at all.

I certainly found that the RB2 pops more than the RB80 but I suppose it also matters what type of bag you are hitting (size, width, density etc). Difficult one to quantify exactly. In my experience the RB80 still popped but not Cleto Reyes, Fairtex BGV9 type noise.

I certainly found that the RB2 pops more than the RB80 but I suppose it also matters what type of bag you are hitting (size, width, density etc). Difficult one to quantify exactly. In my experience the RB80 still popped but not Cleto Reyes, Fairtex BGV9 type noise.

My bag is a KO Fight gear 130 lb thai bag. Very similar shell and density of the Rival heavy bags. Not hard, but not soft.

Do you find the RB80 to be hot inside ? My hands are drenched after I use them.

I don’t find the RB80 to be hot compared to many other gloves. My hands don’t sweat excessively most of the time to be fair but I have found the RB80 to be quite well ventilated which is one of the reasons I have chosen to use them as my regular bag/mitt gloves over the other gloves I have reviewed. It’s a subjective thing though I suppose.

I really love how my hand feel when making a fist on RB11 gloves.
Can someone suggest me what gloves from other brands that give similar feel?

Back