Crime River Visitor Found Guilty of reckless homicide After Drunk Teenagers Harassed Him

Well it was established that they didn’t have the phone in court and he assumed that person he yoinked out of the intertube had it. That’s not really a question.

Whether he punched a girl or not really doesn’t matter- pulling that kid out of the tube was already an assault. He had no right to do that and it’s he who initiated this confrontation.
So he yanks the kid out. Then he gets pushed into the water several times. It is obvious he is no match for the several football players. He is outnumbered and fat and old with a heart condition. So if he were to die after one of those falls, should one of the football players be charged? They weren't acting in self defense. They were filming and laughing and making a fool of him. I am not defending him, I just think there are more moving parts here. I think the charge was right. But we have no idea what happened before the video.

So he yanks the kid out. Then he gets pushed into the water several times. It is obvious he is no match for the several football players. He is outnumbered and fat and old with a heart condition. So if he were to die after one of those falls, should one of the football players be charged? They weren't acting in self defense. They were filming and laughing and making a fool of him. I am not defending him, I just think there are more moving parts here. I think the charge was right. But we have no idea what happened before the video.
I mean he is the one who started it. He assaulted one of them at the very least. Do you expect them to just let him do those things he shouldn’t be doing because it’s not a fair match? They were telling him to leave which is fair imo.

In my mind there is no case for self defense when you initiate the violence

I mean he is the one who started it. He assaulted one of them at the very least. Do you expect them to just let him do those things he shouldn’t be doing because it’s not a fair match? They were telling him to leave which is fair imo.

In my mind there is no case for self defense when you initiate the violence

I disagree. One can initiate something mild, but then another party can escalate it to something really dangerous, that initiator still has a right to self defense.

In this case, the old man was not a danger to anyone when the actual pushing and hitting started.

I disagree. One can initiate something mild, but then another party can escalate it to something really dangerous, that initiator still has a right to self defense.

In this case, the old man was not a danger to anyone when the actual pushing and hitting started.
Sure but pushing him a few times when he wouldn’t leave and stood there obstinately is not self defense. He did the even get hit hard he got slapped like once. This was his fault

Back