News RIZIN 21 Mikuru Asakura vs Daniel Salas Set for February 22 2020 in Hamamatsu Arena

Vulcan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
EPAyGxvUcAIIbaX

EPApEu5U4AASleJ

EO-DipBUUAUErTW

EO-D2wdU8AEidZp

EO-D2yTUEAIR1lR

Last edited:
That's good and encouraging news since RIZIN used to have a hole between New Year's Eve and April last few years. Hope that means more events next year.

Smart. Its best to start small and go big later.

That's good and encouraging news since RIZIN used to have a hole between New Year's Eve and April last few years. Hope that means more events next year.

Yeah, this is great. Always thought late February/early March should be the time for the first Rizin event of the year.

Rizin has enough fighters not scheduled to compete on NYE. Ben Nguyen, Justin Scoggins, Victor Henry, Erson Yamamoto, Shunju Auclair, Kawajiri, Kitaoka, Satoshi Souza, Marcos Souza, Damien Brown and more. And some of the Rizin 20 and Bellaor Japan participants could have a quick turnaround. This has the potential to be a decent card.

Last edited:
Apparently there is a card planned for April so I imagine they are gonna save their most popular fighters for that one

reports that RIZIN have signed Vuqar Kerimov (14-3, lightweight) and Kenta Takizawa (10-5, bantamweight) for the event

Ben Nguyen, Justin Scoggins, Victor Henry, Erson Yamamoto, Shunju Auclair, Kawajiri, Kitaoka, Satoshi Souza, Marcos Souza, Damien Brown and more.
Erson doesn't belong on that list. Auclair doesn't belong in the same time zone as anyone on that list.

Naoki Inoue (12-2, flyweight) also likely
I kind of wrote him off after the loss to Santella, but the reality is he looked decent against a top ranked Schnell, and he's only 22.

He's crafty on the ground but the Tomas fight was really telling. He completely lacked the ability to get Tomas to the ground.

I kind of wrote him off after the loss to Santella, but the reality is he looked decent against a top ranked Schnell, and he's only 22.

He's crafty on the ground but the Tomas fight was really telling. He completely lacked the ability to get Tomas to the ground.
I thought he had an argument to win the Schnell fight, he could become really good if he develops properly. Takaki Soya is a pure power puncher and natural flyweight, would be a good All-Japan scrap

Erson doesn't belong on that list. Auclair doesn't belong in the same time zone as anyone on that list.

It's just a random list of fighters available for Rizin 21. Erson is much better than his record. I would not count him out against any of the bantamweights mentioned above.

It would be nice to see some fresh faces for a LHW or HW tournament this year.

Also, bring back Gabi Garcia.

Who are the participants?

Naoki Inoue, Masanori Kanehara, Kenta Takizawa, Victor Henry, Trent Girdham, Vuqar Kerimov, Satoshi Souza, Marcos de Souza and Shrek Sekine are strongly rumored for this card.

Press conference probably on Friday.

Back