Robert Whittaker Explains Why Romero Lost

How much of Robert's take do you agree with?

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“He looked like a fighter that doesn’t listen to anyone but himself. He just did whatever he wanted to do. He just did whatever he felt he wanted to do. He didn’t follow the game plan that was made for him.

“Any other coach would have been [saying]: ‘Keep his back to the fence! He’s gassed! He’s got nowhere to go!’ You know what I mean? I’m sure he just didn’t follow advice and just did his own thing because his coaches have said that before.

“I think Romero got [disheartened]. When he landed those bombs on Costa and Costa didn’t go anywhere, he was like, ‘Oh no!’”

-The Body Lock

He’s right. Romero thought he could lay back and lose two rounds and then finish a gassed costa in the third.

He just didn’t expect Costa to have an elite chin

He’s right. Romero thought he could lay back and lose two rounds and then finish a gassed costa in the third.

He just didn’t expect Costa to have an elite chin

Romero won rounds 2 and 3.

Shit judges.

Shit judges.
According to statistics, Romero landed more significant strikes and more total strikes, but certainly judges could not process detailed statistics by their brains without technical support.

Of course he said that. He doesn't wanna fight Romero again. I wouldn't either though

Shit judges.

Round 2 is about as close as you can get. I scored it for Costa cause I thought the striking was even and Costa was coming forward and Romero was against the cage. Romero got a takedown but they were back up before he could secure it. I thought Costa had the first and Romero the 3rd.

Whittaker is a king of baseless hypothesis.

After every fight he says the guy who lost the fight didn't want to be in the fight. Instead of explaining mechanics (which I'm sure he understands), he would rather go this route.

I still like Bobby tho.

Last edited:
Of course he said that. He doesn't wanna fight Romero again. I wouldn't either though

Considering he beat him twice I agree he has no interest in beating him a third time.

Not based on UFC scoring criteria. Did more damage, sure but damage is not a factor in the scoring system.
I'm not alone in scoring it for Romero
Last I checked it was a draw, funny how that works out. Romero fan boys can’t accept that fact that Whittaker whooped your guys ass twice.
lol at "my guy". I'm a ran of Robert too. I just call it how I (and TONS of others) saw it. Whittaker won the first fight, Romero won the second.

He beat him once. Then got nearly flatlined multiple times the second fight.

The key word is nearly. One guy is still the champ the other just got beat by a guy known for having an underwhelming run on TUF...

The key word is nearly. One guy is still the champ the other just got beat by a guy known for having an underwhelming run on TUF...
Not sure what any of that has to do with Romero Whittaker. But thanks?

I'm not alone in scoring it for Romero

lol at "my guy". I'm a ran of Robert too. I just call it how I (and TONS) of others saw it. Whittaker won the first fight, Romero won the second.

No you are not alone in it. Opinions were mixed. However media scores are released right after the fights before the accurate fight stats are released. Most of the media had it scored a draw, some for Whittaker, some for Romero. I agree that it was a close fight however to be the champ you have to beat the champ and Romero didn't do enough in either fight.

Back