Economy Robot automation will take betwenn 20 and 800 million jobs by 2030

Phr3121

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
:eek:
As if the U.S. and world economy wasn't bad enough, we now have to deal with robots. This is scary. If you think finding a job today is hard, just wait another 11 years. If people are out of work, they will not be able to buy a product. An interesting circle that can spiral downward or upward. I wonder if U.S. regulation will start to come into place. I'm not sure which article below is correct, 20 or 800 million jobs worldwide.

The perfect employee: Doesn't complain, doesn't get sick, doesn't get hurt, doesn't need weekends off, doesn't sleep or eat, doesn't need to be paid, doesn't get pregnant. It does need maintenance though.

"A report from Oxford Economics found that 8.5% of the global workforce could be displaced by robots by 2030."

"Robots Will Replace 20 Million Jobs by 2030, Oxford Report Finds"
Story: https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...replace-20-million-manufacturing-jobs-by-2030

"Robot automation will take 800 million jobs by 2030"
Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42170100

Last edited:
:eek:
As if the U.S. and world economy wasn't bad enough, we now have to deal with robots. This is scary. If you think finding a job today is hard, just wait another 11 years. If people are out of work, they will not be able to buy a product. An interesting circle that can spiral downward or upward. I wonder if U.S. regulation will start to come into place. I'm not sure witch article below is correct, 20 or 800 million jobs worldwide.

"A report from Oxford Economics found that 8.5% of the global workforce could be displaced by robots by 2030."

"Robots Will Replace 20 Million Jobs by 2030, Oxford Report Finds"
Story: https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...replace-20-million-manufacturing-jobs-by-2030

"Robot automation will take 800 million jobs by 2030"
Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42170100

Who Cares! No better time to bring in more poor unskilled workers

Yeeeeeee Hawwww

Obviously we need to put tariffs on robots for stealing our jobs.

Sucks to be poor.

That's a pretty wide spread. My prediction is between 450 and 30 billion jobs lost.

Yeah, but what gender are those robots?

Let's focus on the important stuff.

Well, its smart move for liberals to be calling for open borders. <TheDonald>

Last edited:
I don't think it's smart to try to stop automation, because a lot of automation is going to be inevitable. It's better to try to mitigate it. I'm not sure how that would be done exactly, but that should be more of the focus rather than just slowing automation down or having people work jobs that don't need to be worked anymore.

fucking robots taking all the illegal aliens jobs

If humanity didn't suck balls we could be entering some wonderful post-scarcity age where people could stop working or work much less but instead capitalist overlords will have us doing menial shit forever because you have to spend 40+ hours a week toiling at some stupid shit to justify your existence.

Yep, it is the 4 industrial revolution that will follow the trends of previous (eliminate old jobs, add in some new). Question how will the societal landscape differ. If i had to bet, it will be the option the bottom 60-70% dont want to hear.

Seems like the smart thing to do is invest in companies that are really good at being able to automate jobs. Which companies are good at doing that?

I have an idea, let’s ignore this and fight about the same issues we’ve been fighting about longer than we’ve been alive...

That's a pretty wide fucking estimate there...

Yup. Anything with that broad of an estimate is just throwing something at the wall to see if it sticks

Seems like the smart thing to do is invest in companies that are really good at being able to automate jobs. Which companies are good at doing that?

Id start by looking at companies with networks and production that is ipv6 ready. Which the US is obviously kicking ass at.

I've heard that the fast food industry can already be automated...

They should go ahead and do it. I think that is one industry that would benefit greatly in customer service if it was handled by robots instead of people.

The perfect employee: Doesn't complain, doesn't get sick, doesn't get hurt, doesn't need weekends off, doesn't sleep or eat, doesn't need to be paid, doesn't get pregnant. It does need maintenance though.

Probably a good time for would-be auto techs, industrial techs, etc. to go into robotic repair instead.

Back