Economy Robot automation will take betwenn 20 and 800 million jobs by 2030

:eek:
As if the U.S. and world economy wasn't bad enough, we now have to deal with robots. This is scary. If you think finding a job today is hard, just wait another 11 years. If people are out of work, they will not be able to buy a product. An interesting circle that can spiral downward or upward. I wonder if U.S. regulation will start to come into place. I'm not sure which article below is correct, 20 or 800 million jobs worldwide.

The perfect employee: Doesn't complain, doesn't get sick, doesn't get hurt, doesn't need weekends off, doesn't sleep or eat, doesn't need to be paid, doesn't get pregnant. It does need maintenance though.

"A report from Oxford Economics found that 8.5% of the global workforce could be displaced by robots by 2030."

"Robots Will Replace 20 Million Jobs by 2030, Oxford Report Finds"
Story: https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...replace-20-million-manufacturing-jobs-by-2030

"Robot automation will take 800 million jobs by 2030"
Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42170100

You got wrong point of view at things. You see job loses. But if 90% of all jobs in the world will be automotized, then...why people need to work at all?

Isnt that the point of technology? No money, just robots, and human living off their labour?

:eek:
As if the U.S. and world economy wasn't bad enough, we now have to deal with robots. This is scary. If you think finding a job today is hard, just wait another 11 years. If people are out of work, they will not be able to buy a product. An interesting circle that can spiral downward or upward. I wonder if U.S. regulation will start to come into place. I'm not sure which article below is correct, 20 or 800 million jobs worldwide.

The perfect employee: Doesn't complain, doesn't get sick, doesn't get hurt, doesn't need weekends off, doesn't sleep or eat, doesn't need to be paid, doesn't get pregnant. It does need maintenance though.

"A report from Oxford Economics found that 8.5% of the global workforce could be displaced by robots by 2030."

"Robots Will Replace 20 Million Jobs by 2030, Oxford Report Finds"
Story: https://www.usnews.com/news/economy...replace-20-million-manufacturing-jobs-by-2030

"Robot automation will take 800 million jobs by 2030"
Story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42170100
So what you are saying is their will be a huge need in robot repair technicians?

Ok

So what you are saying is their will be a huge need in robot repair technicians?

Ok

Why not create robots which repair other robots?

Can you imagine this? Humans on endless holidays while robots do everything. Breakfast, electricity, cars, repairing, maintaining, cleaning etc

Can you imagine this? Humans on endless holidays while robots do everything. Breakfast, electricity, cars, repairing, maintaining, cleaning etc
Endless Holliday's? No thanks

Is everything going to be free as well?

I've kind of reversed my views on universal income because of this.

Andrew Yang makes a good argument here.

I've kind of reversed my views on universal income because of this.

Andrew Yang makes a good argument here.

Ya . I'm in the same boat, I think UI is inevitable. It's why I was impressed by Yang, guy knows what's gonna be needed sooner or later.

Which will free up people do to do 20-800 million other jobs. Not worried about it.

Besides, tough to get worked up over a projection working with a 4000% estimate range.

This is why projections aimed at decades in the future are bad.

We'll always need plumbers, electricians, building trades. We'll always need doctors and nurses. We'll always need mechanics. We'll always need farmers.

As for degrees, computer science and engineering disciplines are safe. Anyone who wasnt mechnically-inclined in these disciplines will see a slight increase in a need to be. So I can see some hybrid comp sci/engineering/mechanics paths developing.

Well need the industrial trades, like industrial automation, wiring, PLC programming type stuff.

I think there will be enough room to absorb a lot of the people who will lose their jobs to automation into the hands-on trades if its gradual enough.

We'll always need plumbers, electricians, building trades. We'll always need doctors and nurses. We'll always need mechanics. We'll always need farmers.

As for degrees, computer science and engineering disciplines are safe. Anyone who wasnt mechnically-inclined in these disciplines will see a slight increase in a need to be. So I can see some hybrid comp sci/engineering/mechanics paths developing.

Well need the industrial trades, like industrial automation, wiring, PLC programming type stuff.

I think there will be enough room to absorb a lot of the people who will lose their jobs to automation into the hands-on trades if its gradual enough.

Every single job eventually will be replaced by robot. Its a fact. Doctors, nurses, mechanics, you name it. Technology is moving ahead all the time. True, we wont see what I call 'endless holidays' during our lifetime. But if we dont nuke ourselves in near future, manage our resources and wont get struck by asteroid then let me tell you, we will get there. Matter of time.

Why not. There should be some management in place of course so we wont overproduce.
Sweet! I can't wait to get a free 150 inch tv, PlayStation, atvs, tractor, Ford f350, and free travel around the world. Let's put these robots to work!

Every single job eventually will be replaced by robot. Its a fact. Doctors, nurses, mechanics, you name it. Technology is moving ahead all the time. True, we wont see what I call 'endless holidays' during our lifetime. But if we dont nuke ourselves in near future, manage our resources and wont get struck by asteroid then let me tell you, we will get there. Matter of time.

Yeah, but not in 2030. Which is the projection.

Maybe 3030.

<5>

Sweet! I can't wait to get a free 150 inch tv, PlayStation, atvs, tractor, Ford f350, and free travel around the world. Let's put these robots to work!

And again. Why not?

A mere 50-80 years ago, to send a message you needed to write it, go to post office, pay and send it and then wait day, week, month depends where you wanted to send your message. And what we got today txt messages. I know this looks extremely trivial now from our point of view but if you went back in time that 50-80 years and told someone that you are able to send a txt message using this strange device to another person on the other side of the globe within seconds how would that be perceived? Or better, pictures and videos or video calls?

And again what would be your reaction if a man from the future came down and show you what kind of technology he got? Exactly.

And again. Why not?

A mere 50-80 years ago, to send a message you needed to write it, go to post office, pay and send it and then wait day, week, month depends where you wanted to send your message. And what we got today txt messages. I know this looks extremely trivial now from our point of view but if you went back in time that 50-80 years and told someone that you are able to send a txt message using this strange device to another person on the other side of the globe within seconds how would that be perceived?

And again what would be your reaction if a man from the future came down and show you what kind of technology he got? Exactly.
So who is footing the bill for these bots? Who is responsible for the maintenance of said bots? Are some people still going to have to work? That seems a bit fucked up. No one should have to be working or paying for anything.

Yeah, but not in 2030. Which is the projection.

Maybe 3030.

<5>

The age between now and full technological advancement will be very very nasty. People will be losing jobs but employment will be high enough for other companies to make billions. To be fair governments needs to start planning now, because if companies continue to cash in while world unemployment reaches 50%, you will see riots.

Back