Rogan used to bet on fights despite being commentator

My question is why has society changed its view on sports gambling so much? It used to be illegal in the 80s, i remember the pete rose drama (albeit he bet on himself), it was almost like a cardinal sin.

Nowadays its not only legal but encouraged and promoted by the ufc during live broadcasts lol

Isnt it a conflict of interest considering the influence they have in vegas, usada and the athletic commission?
Oh it 100% is.
But chuds who love his podcast and gamble love to think he is "one of the guys" to give him a pass.

Tell me how it’s bad and how it changes the outcome of the fight?
Please tell me ??????

As somebody who works for the UFC it could be perceived or real, that he would have inside knowledge about what is going on with the fighters.

While I agree the risk is minimal it is normal for most sports that commentators don't bet on the sports they are commentating. The UFC is likely in a different spot with Joe because he is likely a contractor (like the fighters) rather than an employee.

I don't consider this that big of a deal, he's a commentator and what not

My question is why has society changed its view on sports gambling so much? It used to be illegal in the 80s, i remember the pete rose drama (albeit he bet on himself), it was almost like a cardinal sin.

Nowadays its not only legal but encouraged and promoted by the ufc during live broadcasts lol

Isnt it a conflict of interest considering the influence they have in vegas, usada and the athletic commission?
Absolutely, but it makes tremendous amounts of money so it doesn’t matter apparently

He probably bet his life savings at the time on Karo to beat GSP based on his commentary

Literally sitting within earshot of the judges while also having backstage info about fighter's health and so forth.

Pete Rose got banned from baseball for betting on himself and this chud brags about betting on fights he is supposed to help put on.
Yeah, He's screaming his head off about how much his guy is winning so the judges can hear every word

It was not illegal in the 80s

84% success rate <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

the best sharps in MMA betting are fortunate to be at 60% yet a weed fiend and druggie w/ minimal CTE who doesn't know what he's watching 40% of the time, with some of the worst prisoner of the moment and recency bias ever, had an 84% success rate

MMA is one of the highest variance sports ever if not THE most. No one is coming close to 80% success rate in any way assuming they bet a decent amount of times

i-wanna-see-the-receipts-receipts.gif
Almost as good as politicians with stock choices

He's a commentator, not a referee or judge. File this in the "who gives a shit" basket.

Almost as good as politicians with stock choices
Except that's not even remotely true, plus the only reason you can bungle this statistic is because all that stock info is public by law.
Whereas the UFC tries its hardest to hide every financial figure imaginable.

Because people were much bigger hypocrites back then, all the things "polite society" frowned upon back then, they were still doing them, they were just secret about

Now days, no one gives a fuck

Hell, you got Snoop Dogg partying in the White House and rich old white ladies twerking for the Gram, its basically Thunderdome at this point

Literally sitting within earshot of the judges while also having backstage info about fighter's health and so forth.

Pete Rose got banned from baseball for betting on himself and this chud brags about betting on fights he is supposed to help put on.
Have you ever been to a ufc event live?

Except that's not even remotely true, plus the only reason you can bungle this statistic is because all that stock info is public by law.
Whereas the UFC tries its hardest to hide every financial figure imaginable.
Sure sure lol

People respect Rogan’s opinion, a weak judge can easily be influenced, even subconsciously by his loud voice carrying.

Probably not the best way to be an objectively unbiased commentator. But thankfully dosen't compromise any sort of integrity in competition or running of events.

Sure sure lol
K.
I mean what would I know? I only trade stocks for a living.

From U Chicago study" (centre-right famous economics school)
"Given the effects of policy on financial markets, political insiders should be capable of enriching themselves through savvy investing. Consistent with this view, two widely cited studies claim that members of both the House and Senate show uncanny timing in trading stocks, fueling the public perception that corrupt “insider trading” is widespread in Congress. We call this consensus into question. First, we reinterpret existing studies of congressional stock trading between 1985 and 2001 and conduct our own analysis of trades in the 2004–2008 period, concluding that in neither period do members of Congress trade with an information advantage. Second, we conduct the first analysis of members’ portfolio holdings, showing that between 2004 and 2008 the average member of Congress would have earned higher returns in a passive index fund. Our research suggests that, if there is unethical investing behavior in Congress, it is far more limited than previous research implies."

Then take in to account that was in decades where amateur traders didn't have access to data feeds or cheap trades to even help out.

Probably not the best way to be an objectively unbiased commentator. But thankfully dosen't compromise any sort of integrity in competition or running of events.
lol yes it does.
Fighters can literally hear Rogan talk all the time. So if the dudes locked into a deathmatch under the ring spotlight can hear him; corrupt/lazy judges closer to Joe that aren't worried about their teeth getting caved in definitely can too.

Not to mention all his pre-fight interviews, access to backstage anecdotes and strategies, running the weigh ins, and affecting lines.

Back