Ballistics

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
samurai1o.jpg

samurai4w.jpg

scaled.php

Ronin Brand - Samurai BJJ Commercial on Vimeo

I have not rolled in this gi yet, but I have to say I am excited to see what the Samurai brings to the table. This jacket material feels lighter than the Insignia and Fighter, but the collar feels so much tougher. The collar itself may be thinner as well, but I have yet to wash it yet so I don't know what that will bring. The gi as a whole is constructed extremely well, however the contrast stitching isn't without flaw. There are at least 5 places where the stitching gets a little wonky. Cosmetic and not an eyesore, but if you examine it, they are easy to spot. The Ronin embroidery on the chest and skirt are phenomenal. Has to be one of the best I've seen. The small embroidery isn't as great, and less precise.

The pants are awesome. I believe they are duck canvas, but I may be wrong, I'm sure Doug will chime in and fix that if it is incorrect. The material is a bit tougher than the cotton pants of my Insignia, but really do feel high quality. 6 loops which I really like. A rope draw string which is usually against my preference but the Mojo Superlite drawstring, opened my mind to rope strings. The samurai inside the jacket looks great, although I am curious how it holds up to my washing tests.

Ronin Brand already has some pretty excellent options in the Insignia and the Fighter, and the Insignia still remains in my rotation. My guess is that this gi, like the other Ronin Brand gis, will not disappoint.

Last edited:
Wouldn't thid belong in the review section?

Ronin Brand already has some pretty excellent options in the Insignia and the Fighter, and the Insignia still remains in my rotation. My guess is that this gi, like the other Ronin Brand gis, will not disappoint.

Great pictures! How is the cut compared to the other Ronin gis? I've been hearing from people that it's very different.

Great pictures! How is the cut compared to the other Ronin gis? I've been hearing from people that it's very different.

I need to take measurements to give a more precise answer, but the cut overall is different in 2 aspects, the skirt seems slightly longer and the pants are much smaller. The jacket fits excellent out of the bag and has some room to shrink, but the pants had me saying "Uh oh". If it shrinks in the waist, I may be forced to lose more weight weight to wear this gi. This gi is an A2.

I love my insignia but the pants are so short now. Its a real bummer because the jacket is one of the best that I own. Hopefully the Samurai pants will be better.

I love my insignia but the pants are so short now. Its a real bummer because the jacket is one of the best that I own. Hopefully the Samurai pants will be better.

I was able to pick up the new insignia pants and they are excellent compared to the old ones. 6 loops and cut a little larger.

You got it, the two bloggers who like to break the rules since the mods quit.

Well luckily this isn't a review, you're not a mod, and there is no rule stating that I can't put first impressions and pictures of gear in the gear section. Show me the rules that BJJProfessor and I are breaking, and I'll happily contact a mod to move it to the proper section. You gotta chill out buddy. The only one breaking rules is you, being that you do nothing but post inflammatory content and turn every thread you post in into a negativity filled flame war.

If you think I'm breaking a rule, report me. If I am breaking a rule, it's an unwritten rule.

That is a really nice looking gi. Am interested to hear whether the samurai will survive the wash.

You got it, the two bloggers who like to break the rules since the mods quit.

Actually, the quote is from you being overly concerned with Meerkatsu drawing too many dragons, which was hilarious.

And because you get into it with somebody in almost every thread you post in :D

21518561.jpg

Well luckily this isn't a review, you're not a mod, and there is no rule stating that I can't put first impressions and pictures of gear in the gear section. Show me the rules that BJJProfessor and I are breaking, and I'll happily contact a mod to move it to the proper section. You gotta chill out buddy. The only one breaking rules is you, being that you do nothing but post inflammatory content and turn every thread you post in into a negativity filled flame war.

If you think I'm breaking a rule, report me. If I am breaking a rule, it's an unwritten rule.

You shut your mouth! HE HAS CONCERNS!

Great photography!
The lighting you used really makes the details pop out without overdoing the contrast or brightness.
Look forward to the rest of the review, especially how is compares with the Insignia.

Great photography!
The lighting you used really makes the details pop out without overdoing the contrast or brightness.
Look forward to the rest of the review, especially how is compares with the Insignia.

Thanks Meerkatsu!

Great photography!

ditto that, good shots...

These shots are nice. I totally missed out on this gi. I went their early this morning to pick up an A2 and their gone. Fighters market is also sold out. Not even A1L. Kinjisan had about 6-8 left and i tried on a size a2L. Too long in the sleeves and skirt. Doug said it won't shrink enough. I knew I should of put a deposit or pre-ordered this. I tried on the A2 sample they had their for months and I really liked the fit and lightness.

I have a A2 Insignia & Fighter model. This samurai fits the same to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back