Rumors I heard about 300 out of Vegas

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Hey guys I spoke to a good friend of mine this afternoon who works for a Vegas betting service. Their service has a few connections at UFC's main office and so sometimes they get info on what's being worked on.

According to him the UFC is going to offer a choice to Du Plesis to defend the title at the 300 against either Khamzat or Izzy. The choice is soley up to Dricus on which of the two he can fight, the UFC doesn't have preference for one over the other at the moment. If for some reason Dricus can't or won't defend at 300 the UFC will transition to an interim title fight between Izzy
And Khamzat for the MW belt. But if Dricus chooses Khamzat, Adesanya will be offered a title shot against Pereira at LHW, a fight Izzy's team has made clear to the higher ups they aren't so keen on but have not formerly turned down. Pereira on the other hand will be offered a choice between Ankalaev and Rountree to defend his belt at 300 if Izzy gets locked into a fight at MW.

Obviously there's a lot of moving pieces here but apparently they are moving quickly now and you'll start to hear shortly on which fights got made.

They're gonna have to offer DDP an arm and a leg for him to accept fighting anyone on UFC 300.

If for some reason Dricus can't or won't defend at 300 the UFC will transition to an interim title fight between Izzy
And Khamzat for the MW belt.

Of all the things that didn't happen, this didn't happen the most.

An interim belt because someone can't take a 3 month turn around time? Say those words out loud and stop to think how stupid they sound coming out of your mouth.

An interim belt because someone can't take a 3 month turn around time? Say those words out loud and stop to think how stupid they sound coming out of your mouth.
I'm reporting what I was told 🤷

I'm reporting what I was told 🤷

Right but if someone told you, for example, they were going to make Dana fight for the middleweight title, you wouldn't write that down in public because its stupid at face value

There are a lot of fun/silly "heard from a friend" threads over the years but if its not going to be entertaining in its absurdity, why even post it?

It’s not even sort of out of the realm of possibility for the UFC. Title fights bring substantially more buys than non. Why wouldn’t they throw a a belt on the line? There’s nothing to lose.

Yeah I have to agree with this, an interim title is a bit weird considering how recently the real belt was fought for.

I don't think the fight changes if it's a 5 round number 1 contender fight, as opposed to an interim belt fight. People aren't going to care more cause there's a fake belt on the line, and I believe a lot of people are sick of the interim champs, because it doesn't mean anything anymore.

It would be idiotic for Du Plessis vs Adesanya not to be in South Africa.

In the post fight press conference DDP expressed enthusiasm about fighting on 300, however he did say he had injuries and wasn't sure of the severity of them. Not sure if we'll see him on 300. I bet he'll pick Izzy if so, he already called him out and said Khamzat needs to beat a MW.

I like those options. If DDP is good anyhow (cleared for the eye injury plus any others).

<mma4>

Won't hype me any cause rumors just fall aside far too often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luciusaugustus
Back