Running in a polluted area question.

Laza cds mma

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
My city has polluted air , but i really love running , so what are your thoughts on this ? Should i monitor the levels of pollution and try to run when the air is least polluted or what ? Does the benefit of the exercise outweigh the dangers of pollutants ?

I like to run outside and i hate being surrounded by a bunch of people in the gym when i'm training.

Is there times of day when pollution is worse ? Wouldn't think it would clear up in an hour to breathable air. And if you're in it all the time, it doesn't matter if you're running or walking to car.

You just need to run during non peak hours. 2-4pm or at night when it gets darker. Also how bad is your city? I thought NY, LA, DC and Bangkok wasn't that bad if you avoid the busy areas. They are parks where you can run trails or use a track.

My city has polluted air , but i really love running , so what are your thoughts on this ? Should i monitor the levels of pollution and try to run when the air is least polluted or what ? Does the benefit of the exercise outweigh the dangers of pollutants ?

No, it forces you to breath in more of whatever crap is in the air.

You can run with a mask on to filter some of the particles out, run inside, or go for a drive to get out of the city and run in the woods.

Any areas outside the city limits with better air?

Id suggest moving
It's not that polluted and i can follow the pollution levels in my city ( Belgrade , Serbia ) online so it's not such a big deal , i didn't know that when i started this thread but i read a few articles that give good tips on how to avoid the pollution when you're running.

Back