Running, Track and Field Thread.

heavyarms21

Ryozanpaku Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
This has been an exciting NCAA tracking season leading up the Olympic Trials, with the likes of Terrance Laird and Jospeh Fanbulleh dominating the season .

I'm fan of Track and Field and Distance running and I know there are a few here as well I figured we need a thread with the Olympic Qualifiers going and the Olympics in general later into the the summer.

Bet bet these runners don't shit their pants while doing their thing so I doubt they're truly committed to their craft.

Uh distance runners do , some would rather not advertise such shitty situations though.

Uh distance runners do , some would rather not advertise such shitty situations though.
I just remember the David Goggins story about how he ran so far he shit himself and then shit out his quads or something nuts lol

I just remember the David Goggins story about how he ran so far he shit himself and then shit out his quads or something nuts lol

I was always put the book on whenever I run around the neighborhood. I was on that part this morning. I believe it was at mile 80ish when he started shitting himself , and still had 20 to go dudes insane .

I’m here for the running conversation. Don’t follow the Olympics though.

Sha'Carri Richardson set up to make noise at the Olympics 100m

Stood since 1990 , it was totally shattered too.
I find it fascinating how records in shotput (well not anymore), javelin, discus, hammer, high jump, long jump and triple jump haven't been beaten in 30-35 years considering how other records are being broken with some regularity.

I find it fascinating how records in shotput (well not anymore), javelin, discus, hammer, high jump, long jump and triple jump haven't been beaten in 30-35 years considering how other records are being broken with some regularity.

Sometimes it's a case of special athletes realizing they want to commit to certain sports . This guy is 6'7 320llbs of explosive power if he had a love for it , I would not doubt his chances to make the NFL on some ones O line.

What the hell happened to Noah Lyles?! He's looked off all year. He didn't even qualify for the 100M relay.

Gatlin was looking like he might make it...ran a 9.93 the other day, but he got injured. Too bad. 39 years old and running like he still does is super impressive. Collins running at 9.93 at 40 a few years ago is the only other "old" guy who could run like that.

Kinda surprised at how well Kerley is doing in the 100M. Kinda surprised he's even doing the 100M since he's got one of the fastest times ever in the 400M. I thought he might have the best chance at medaling in the 400M still but 9.86 is super impressive.

Bromell's comeback is super impressive. It really looked like he was done. Wasn't the same for years and years. Hard not to consider him the favorite for 100M gold. Seems like a good guy, good for him.

What the hell happened to Noah Lyles?! He's looked off all year. He didn't even qualify for the 100M relay.

Gatlin was looking like he might make it...ran a 9.93 the other day, but he got injured. Too bad. 39 years old and running like he still does is super impressive. Collins running at 9.93 at 40 a few years ago is the only other "old" guy who could run like that.

Kinda surprised at how well Kerley is doing in the 100M. Kinda surprised he's even doing the 100M since he's got one of the fastest times ever in the 400M. I thought he might have the best chance at medaling in the 400M still but 9.86 is super impressive.

Bromell's comeback is super impressive. It really looked like he was done. Wasn't the same for years and years. Hard not to consider him the favorite for 100M gold. Seems like a good guy, good for him.

It's a case of the Ebb and flow of the Sport, Lyles had been off all season but he still made the finals , but if you aren't all there and aren't peaking during the point of the season where it matters , it becomes fruitless. Brommell bounceback is the opposite and truly admirable that he has gotten past his injuries , hopefully we see something special in Japan.

Back