Opinion Russell Brand - Why You Can't Trust the FDA and Big Pharma

Are you suggesting that people not support people they normally don't agree with, when they do agree with them? They should hate on them anyway? Seems childish and biased.

That's exactly what he is suggesting

Never been a huge Russell Brand fan and I have had the vaccine. I don't think Russell is on any side but the truth regardless of politics. It's crazy how a British comedian is becoming one of the only voices of reason and logic out there

Nah. You should always do your own research and continually learn. Its how you keep from getting scammed. Without knowledge, you are like the 19 year ditzy blonde taking her car to the mechanic. They'll have you on the hook for $4000 in repairs for what was an issue with some spark plugs.

YouTube videos and tweets aren’t research. My doctor knows more than I do and can contextualize the information better than I can.

YouTube videos and tweets aren’t research. My doctor knows more than I do and can contextualize the information better than I can.

Your doctor also gets bonuses to vax patients and gets kickbacks from Pfizer. You have to ask him the tough questions, and for that, you have to do your research. Did you talk with doctor about the risk of myocarditis as it applies to your specific demographics and what the unknown factors are? Did you guys discuss the possibility of ADE as new variants arise?

Doctors were happy to keep writing oxycontin prescriptions to your grandma over her backpain too. You have to learn to be a critical thinker and to challenge everything.

Your doctor also gets bonuses to vax patients and gets kickbacks from Pfizer. You have to ask him the tough questions, and for that, you have to do your research. Did you talk with doctor about the risk of myocarditis as it applies to your specific demographics and what the unknown factors are? Did you guys discuss the possibility of ADE as new variants arise?

Doctors were happy to keep writing oxycontin prescriptions to your grandma over her backpain too. You have to learn to be a critical thinker and to challenge everything.

I’ve been seeing my doctor for 20 years, he’s a straight-laced and neutral guy and I trust him. I do ask him things straight-up and he answers honestly. You know nothing about him or my thought process, but please keep assuming you do because it’s entertaining

I’ve been seeing my doctor for 20 years, he’s a straight-laced and neutral guy and I trust him. I do ask him things straight-up and he answers honestly. You know nothing about him or my thought process, but please keep assuming you do because it’s entertaining

Look at how angry you get when challenged. Textbook reaction of the low IQ.

If you never do any research outside of your doctor, how do you know he answers honestly?

Look at how angry you get when challenged. Textbook reaction of the low IQ.

If you never do any research outside of your doctor, how do you know he answers honestly?

It’s just funny when internet libs think they know everything about me and my healthcare people. I trust my healthcare professionals over memes any day

Funny seeing people who hate Russell Brand and don't believe in 99% of what he does, suddenly championing him because he gave a bit of ammunition to the anti-vax tards.

Did I miss something? I can't remember Russel Brand being a lightning rod for political commentary in any specific direction. He just seems to always be speaking his mind. I guess that makes him bad to a person like you, who pigeonholes him the second he doesn't hold the same opinion as yourself.

I'm confused. Is this lying?
https://www.fda.gov/about-fda/fda-basics/fact-sheet-fda-glance

About 55 percent, or $3.2 billion, of FDA’s budget is provided by federal budget authorization. The remaining 45 percent, or $2.7 billion, is paid for by industry user fees.

Seems like it's pretty government funded. User fees in looking at them seem a lot like a direct tax on pharmaceutical companies to bring drugs to market.

That doesn't seem to be the actual problem. The actual problem seems to be "do some time at the FDA and you somehow end up at a multi-million dollar position at pfizer when you are done." Thats the payoff.
Only 45%? Wel I’m sure that has no effect

It’s just funny when internet libs think they know everything about me and my healthcare people. I trust my healthcare professionals over memes any day

Its not a matter of trust. You are approaching this like its a religion and they are a priest class. Use critical thinking skills. Evaluate information from multiple sources, weigh the options, and make decisions like an intelligent person. Putting blind faith in anyone is a recipe for disaster. Its how we ended up with a nation full of Grandmas chugging oxycontin while doctors were flown out to Aspen retreats by Pharma companies.

I know he's not for everyone but this is a really solid video by Brand.

A few key points that stuck out to me.

- I had no idea that the FDA was not publicly funded anymore. It used to be funded by tax payers alone. Now, it's funded by the people that it's supposed to be investigating. This is obviously a huge problem.
- There are all kinds of ways to pass certification now without actually passing certification

And something that I totally agree with is 2008 was the end of capitalism. He doesn't go deep into it but basically capitalism isn't real anymore. In 2008, all of those businesses should have failed and new companies rise up. Instead, they got bailed out. Profit is king over everything - even public health. That was never the design of capitalism or how it should work.

You are right, they have bastardized Capitalism to "Crony Capitalism". OWS / TEA Party people were on different sides of the spectrum, but both were 100% right about Crony Capitalism and how the government has aligned with the corporations in a huge way.

Its not a matter of trust. You are approaching this like its a religion and they are a priest class. Use critical thinking skills. Evaluate information from multiple sources, weigh the options, and make decisions like an intelligent person. Putting blind faith in anyone is a recipe for disaster. Its how we ended up with a nation full of Grandmas chugging oxycontin while doctors were flown out to Aspen retreats by Pharma companies.

Let me guess where all this information is from: social media?

Funny seeing people who hate Russell Brand and don't believe in 99% of what he does, suddenly championing him because he gave a bit of ammunition to the anti-vax tards.

This is a pretty fucking ignorant post. I agree with Liberals on many things. Occupy Wall Street and TEA Party were both against Crony Capitalism. The two groups should have worked together on that topic, but the Establishment was able to drive a wedge between them.

Let me guess where all this information is from: social media?

What part of variety of sources do you not understand? Read the FDA documents. Read the scientific literature. Read statements from consumer watchdog groups and advisory panels. There is a lot of excellent information you are ignoring.

What part of variety of sources do you not understand? Read the FDA documents. Read the scientific literature. Read statements from consumer watchdog groups and advisory panels. There is a lot of excellent information you are ignoring.

Best part is you don’t know what my doctor has told me or any of my positions on COVID or vaccination whatsoever.

You always give the best advice. You should also mention how much money he will save by not going to some stupid fucking "doctor". Also don't use Google for your research because they will just funnel you right back to what the government and big pharma are trying to feed you. Once you give in and start going to "doctors" for medical advice you might as well just ask them to chip you up so the government can have complete control.

You always give the best advice. You should also mention how much money he will save by not going to some stupid fucking "doctor". Also don't use Google for your research because they will just funnel you right back to what the government and big pharma are trying to feed you. Once you give in and start going to "doctors" for medical advice you might as well just ask them to chip you up so the government can have complete control.
Lol, you poors don’t pay for medical care.

Lol, you poors don’t pay for medical care.
You seem like the type that might derive pleasure from the misfortune of others. There is a term for that, but it would go way over your head lmao

Back