International Russia and China target U.S. protests on social media

Russia and China target U.S. protests on social media
Both countries have flooded Twitter with hashtags and other content experts say is aimed at sowing dissent across the country.
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/01/russia-and-china-target-us-protests-on-social-media-294315

Since May 30, government officials, state-backed media outlets and other Twitter users linked to either Beijing or Moscow have increasingly piggybacked onto hashtags linked to George Floyd, the Minnesota man whose death in police custody last week set off days of nationwide protests, to push divisive messages and criticize Washington's handling of the unfolding crisis.

The push comes as disinformation experts warn that both countries are ramping up their online efforts ahead of the upcoming U.S. presidential election, and that China is growing increasingly bold in its use of Western social media platforms to promote its own view of the world. It also follows an ongoing feud between Donald Trump and social media companies, particularly Twitter, over their role in policing online content — a spat that will likely continue ahead of the vote.

“Russia is doing right now what Russia always does,” said Bret Schafer, a media and digital disinformation fellow at the German Marshall Fund of the United States' Alliance for Securing Democracy, a think tank in Washington. “But it’s the first time we’ve seen China fully engaged in a narrative battle that doesn’t directly affect Chinese interests."

Welcome to warfare in the 21st century. Remain wary of how you're being emotionally manipulated through your feed- not just by our own government and corporations, but increasingly by foreign powers sowing discord.
"We're very lucky we haven't lived through a military draft"

In a way we've been digital conscripts, battling along ideological borders, for the same corrupt leaders of thought and politics.

Your ignorance is even more spectacular that my arrogance. Russians (including my family) are leaving the country in droves. Our youth has a much bleaker outlook than American youth, check the life expectancy of our men vs American men.
The whole country depends on oil and gas, there's no innovation, no research, and the high culture that was left from a previously great nation is co-opted by corrupt ideologues just concerned with enriching themselves. Only Western 4chan edgelords, who have never been outside their basement, show Russia as some bastion of how a country should be run. Outside of major cities (that are quickly being overrun by "diversity") it's a gloomy shithole where nothing works, pensions are meager (if they're even being paid) and the already awful Soviet infrastructure is decaying.
You've no idea how much better it is in the US for the average person.

Despite Russia's problems, it will still exist in a hundred years time. America will not, and no amount of "innovation" or "research" is going to change that. That's my point, and you've yet to prove it wrong. Russia's diversity can easily be put right, because Russia doesn't have political correctness preventing it from doing what's in its best interests. The USA cannot.

I do agree that at the moment, life is better in the USA for the average person than it is in Russia, but my point is that it's NOT going to last for long. I give it 20 years max until the USA totally collapses. The racial strife in America is an impossible wound to heal. Combine that with a growing Muslim population in the USA, and, well... you can imagine.

Despite Russia's problems, it will still exist in a hundred years time. America will not, and no amount of "innovation" or "research" is going to change that. That's my point, and you've yet to prove it wrong. Russia's diversity can easily be put right, because Russia doesn't have political correctness preventing it from doing what's in its best interests. The USA cannot.

I do agree that at the moment, life is better in the USA for the average person than it is in Russia, but my point is that it's NOT going to last for long. I give it 20 years max until the USA totally collapses. The racial strife in America is an impossible wound to heal. Combine that with a growing Muslim population in the USA, and, well... you can imagine.
Sig bet! Which country collapses first. I say Russia.

China and Russia laughing at the USA right now. Why not. Trump is comical in his leadership.

Yep and all the insanely low iq right wingers will eat it up

America is going to still be around in 100 years. LOL.

At what point will this be called election interference?
There is one party that is determined to benefit from election interference without ever acknowledging its existence. That party also happens to control the Executive and one half of the Legislative branch.

tenor.png

In real time folks

Time to sail the fleets.

Take over the black sea and China sea.

Us needs to start fighting fire with fire.
The military are gonna be too busy hunting down american terrorists though.

It wouldn't shock me at all if we one day find out the virus was released on purpose to see how the West/America would cope. They wanted to see how prepared we were,[we weren't!] and what route we'd go by, and we chose lockdown. The West dropped to it's knees.

The fact that a black guy was knelt upon and killed would've been a bonus to the CCP. Combine that with weeks of lockdown and everything is perfect in President Xi's world.
If Trump handles this badly he could end up losing the election, which is what China & Russia want.

The media are pro the riots, the Left is supportive of the violence & destruction & don't criticize. The Left are to blame as they hate their country & it's the same in other Western countries.
The Left join China/Russia in supporting the violence, they are as disgusting as those two dictators.

Man... until recently, I was absolutely convinced that I wouldn’t live long enough to witness the fall of the US. Now, I’m not so sure anymore.

The more diverse a country becomes, the weaker it becomes. China & Russia are significantly less likely to suffer ethnic/racial strife because their countries are much more homogeneous than the USA. Russia & China will still exist in a hundred years time. The USA will not.
There are plenty of countries that are ethnically diverse that aren't having the problems the US is. China and Russia have entirely different leadership structures and more widespread control over their populations.

You really think the CCP gives a shit about communist doctrine? China has 285 billionaires, second only to the US. There is a growing underground Maoist party in China that formed out of resentment towards Xi's embrace of capitalism. The current CCP is a bizarre chimera that deviates far from its Marxist roots.

I always get a kick out of "communist China" talk. They are capitalists pure and simple. The party is just a means of governance.

The real problem is the FUCKING COPS. And that obese coward bunker bitch of a president.

Id be in a bunker to. The radical people would kill him. The issue is thugs at the moment. The bad cop was arrested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back